No announcement yet.

Fall Colors Tour 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you have a land speed record holding car and you're going on a mighty fun road trip, you might as well advertise it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Racing Fusion.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1062331
    Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

• Originally posted by papasmurf587 View Post
      The GOAT is packed but gotta work tomorrow, we'll be up to the GEARHEAD INN as soon as traffic allows. I've been talkin' to Terri and I have a suggestion for a tour on Saturday going up to Joyce Kilmer National Forrest, it's one of our favorite places to visit and we can discuss it around the camp fire tomorrow night. Lookin' forward to seein' y'all.
      Wasn't Joyce Kilmer the one who wrote the poem "I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree........"?
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

• Loaded up and heading north. Robert said "roll tide!", John said " hot rod!", and perry says "ice em down!"
        Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
        If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

• Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
          Wasn't Joyce Kilmer the one who wrote the poem "I think that I shall never see a poem as lovely as a tree........"?
          Ding Ding Ding I believe you are correct and the only way I KNOW is because it's mentioned in the movie Cannonball Run between Burt Reynolds and Farrah Fawcett. You can see I'm well educated

Comment

• On the road again (insert music) part deux! See y'all this afternoon

Comment

• you guys have fun and be safe. i'll be going to NSRA show in Tampa this weekend
              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

• Originally posted by corvettedad View Post

Ding Ding Ding I believe you are correct and the only way I KNOW is because it's mentioned in the movie Cannonball Run between Burt Reynolds and Farrah Fawcett. You can see I'm well educated
                I can see "HOW" you're educated.
                John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

• There's not another thing in the world that could be any more fun for we Wees than ganging up with the BS family at GHI. It never fails - we drive back home grinning and wondering how it could possibly be as much fun the next time.

This time we swam over to the Wheels Through Time Museum, had great eats, and were treated with the arrival of Tim from Texas. He's on a two-week walkabout on his motorcycle and happened to pick the Gear Head for a stay. He fell right into the mix like he's been a BSer for years and wow can he ever play the pee out of a fiddle and a ukulele.

Last edited by pdub; October 11, 2015, 12:12 PM.

Comment

• What a weekend! Thanks everybody, the boy's and I had a really good time. Robert filled up 3 sd cards on his camera, the Cherohala Skyway was perfect Sunday as rain had drowned out Saturday, it was an awesome ride, thank you John and Kathy. And the music Saturday night THAT WASN'T PLANNED, was nothing short of sensational thanks to Peewee, John, and newest honorary Bangshiter Tim Keough from Austin, TX. As mentioned by Peewee he just happened to stop at Gearhead for the night Friday and stayed with us till Sunday.

Comment

• WOW! DID I SAY WOW, WOW! Those there that heard the music, well the CD's that Tim gave us are simply amazing. I will be "Camaro fiddling " every time I get in my Camaro! Now info for others, Tim drove a 1400 Moto Guzzi on this adventure of his and he has a blog called Motofiddling to record his daily adventures and to spread and to try and save the old time fiddle music, and for Tim's attempt at this well my 18 yr old said it was cool music! And with Peewee And John.... Well it was fantastic.

Comment

he has a blog called Motofiddling to record his daily adventures
                        Perry, do you have that address? An easy search doesn't get it.....I'm dying to see it.

Unit found it:

Last edited by pdub; October 13, 2015, 02:33 PM.

Comment

• I guess he hasn't updated since the ninth, I told him before we left I had read his blog and I think it caught him by surprise, he grinned and said thanks for reading it. I also noticed he took some extra time to talk with Robert, Tim was a genuine nice guy.

Comment

• I signed up to "follow" him, so entries to blog should come directly to my email. I enjoyed reading his entries thus far, and look forward to the tale involving The Gear Head Inn and our group of revelers!

Comment

• Me too!

Comment

What a weekend! Thanks everybody, the boy's and I had a really good time. Robert filled up 3 sd cards on his camera, the Cherohala Skyway was perfect Sunday as rain had drowned out Saturday, it was an awesome ride, thank you John and Kathy. And the music Saturday night THAT WASN'T PLANNED, was nothing short of sensational thanks to Peewee, John, and newest honorary Bangshiter Tim Keough from Austin, TX. As mentioned by Peewee he just happened to stop at Gearhead for the night Friday and stayed with us till Sunday.
                                It sounds like you all had a fantastic time. The first birthday party was pretty awesome too. Sunday I went to Atlanta Motor Speedway for a breast cancer fundraiser and got to drive my car on the track. My goal was 135, but all I could get out of it was 120. Later I found out I had to be in 5th gear, 6th has some kind of limiter and won't rev high enough, but 5th I should be able to get some more out of it...............guess there's always next year? That video was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X