No announcement yet.

Fall Colors Tour 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+1 for the Gear Head Inn. I think we've found a home. There's a group of about five GTO's from my area that will be there the weekend of Oct 16th-18th. We are actually getting there on Thursday, the 15th. It would suit me (personally) to have the BS'ers and the Goat Herd up there at the same time. I talked to Mary briefly this weekend and she said that a decision on the date needs to be made soon as their place fills up in the fall.
    Non-denominational car nut.
    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
    Do you go all the way?

Comment

My vote is for the Gearhead instead of the Power Fest in Darlington, which to me sounds about like walking around at a PT venue. Our little get-together is more about the people anyway! And like Peewee said in a previous post, we've kinda found a home at the Gearhead!! Since there's no date that's gonna be good for everybody, let's pick the one that will accomodate the most people! Post up what date you prefer, and we'll go with the one that most can attend. Most any date will work for us. We're pretty flexible.
      Last edited by elcaminogirl59; June 30, 2015, 08:37 PM.
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

I have to say it and loudly for PeeWee! LOL The GEAR HEAD is the place to be for the Bangshift people. This is a great gathering! Even if I miss it I'll would vote for the Gear head Inn!
        Retirement is better than I thought!

Comment

Hey you all, I didn't mean in any way to stir up a pot. I love the Gear Head and the company too!!! I was just throwing an idea out there. I jumped in on about the 2nd trip of this tour so by no means am I one that started it. So my ideas are only suggestions of driving our cars somewhere and raising a ruckus when we pull in somewhere in our custom cars. The parking lot parties are great no matter where we are. And yes I agree the Gear Head w/Jim and Mary are a perfect fit to this group. So we always know where home will be and I will be there in the spring as always. But to me life is short and just and I want to see this messed up world while it's still wroth seeing. So I will be sitting this one out this year and going on a road trip top Darlington to see some of this area and so some support for Hot Rod. As for a date at the Gear Head my vote would be the same as the Goat Herders because our common love we all share is cars.... Have fun at the Gear Head and drink one for me.

Comment

Well, we did Gear Head the second weekend in October last year. That would be 9-10-11 this year. But we're game for whenever. I can't see the workload from here so we'll pile in and reserve when everybody else says. And as noted, we should weld a weekend as soon as we get a quorum. Like, endelez, arriva and hurry and all that stuff.
            Charter member of the Turd Nuggets

Comment

I respectfully submit the following for your review:; Ahem..Let's rename the Fall Colors Tour the Gear Head Getaway. Admit it, this tour is more about gathering and socializing and eating and drinking and making noise than It is about touring. OUR tour (peewee and mine) happens between home and The Gear Head Inn. Our vacation starts when we get there and see all you fine folks. Yes, we have gone for a tour of the Parkway with the group on Saturday, visited the car museum, etc. but for me, that isn't the main attraction..

I am not suggesting we don't tour. Activities on Saturday and Sunday are "fluid", we have no schedule to follow, we don't necessarily all go to the same place. Heck, we don't need to change the name. I just thought it sounded good and would leave no doubt about the venue
              Last edited by sueunit; July 1, 2015, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Well I'm in for 9, 10, 11 that's my long weekend
                Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Vic found the Gear Head to begin with. I'm of the impression that it's Vic and Terri's gig. I've overstepped my bounds by starting this thread. But we need to do something, as per date to be sure we get in. Two votes 9, 10, 11.
                  Last edited by pdub; July 1, 2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Thats our long weekend too. But can't garuntee we can be there as of right now, but would be the only weekend that would be a possibly
                    Last edited by GTPilot88; July 1, 2015, 07:24 PM.
                    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Originally posted by peewee View Post
                      Vic found the Gear Head to begin with. I'm of the impression that it's Vic and Terri's gig. I've overstepped my bounds by starting this thread. But we need to do something, as per date to be sure we get in. Two votes 9, 10, 11.
                      No bounds-overstepping here, Pdub!!! The gig belongs to all of us, Vic was just the one who discovered the Gearhead! Weekend of Oct. 9-11 sounds good for us!
                      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
                      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

OK, ammo book the Wees for 9 & 10.

Comment

Re: BangShifters Oct 9 & 10‏

reservations
                          Add to contacts
                          7/02/15

To: Rusty Forrest

Hi Peewee! Yeah! We are excited to know y'all are coming back this fall. Your name is on the Mustang room, and we hope Sue is coming too. All our best, -- Mary & Jim Gear Head Inn 6280 Ela Road Whittier, NC 28789 828-488-2398 Like us on Facebook

Comment

Hummm I'll be coming off the North East Rod Run on Oct 6th, home in time to wash my clothes & I could head south for the 9, 10 & 11 Fall Colors Tour the Gear Head Getaway (I should check to see how far it is first)....Put me down as a definite maybe
                            So. Central PA
                            Long Hauler 2010 & 2011 (2 stops 2014) 2015

NERR 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014

Comment

Well I'm booked, we're in the Buick GSX room. I guess I need to quit laying around at the lake and get back in the shop.
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

it's a bit early yet, and I've probably missed a few details on the screen but it looks like the INS so far are:

The Wees
                                Vic & Terri
                                Charles
                                Perry

Diane Okie, will you be along? We have a song getting ready for you. If we do this for enough years, everybody will have a song. Vic's got a song (No Help).. He practically made that one up himself. Terri's got a song (Small Animals Die). Same thing, she caused it. Diane, it's your turn. Will you be there to hear your song? (I Can Run Fast Leaning Backward). We can't do it if you're not there.....must know. Must know. We may even have to bring extra equipment for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X