For the Veterans...Thank You!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Veterans...Thank You!

I posted this a couple of days ago, and wanted to make sure I thanked you properly... so, from one Vet to all you and your families...Final Inspection...Ten-Hut!
    THE FINAL INSPECTION

The Soldier stood and faced God,
    Which must always come to pass.
    He hoped his shoes were shining,
    Just as brightly as his brass.

'Step forward now, Soldier,
    How shall I deal with you?
    Have you always turned the other cheek?
    To My Church have you been true?'

The soldier squared his shoulders and said,
    'No, Lord, I guess I ain't.
    Because those of us who carry guns,
    Can't always be a saint.

'I've had to work most Sundays,
    And at times my talk was tough.
    And sometimes I've been violent,
    Because the world is awfully rough.

'But, I never took a penny,
    That wasn't mine to keep.
    Though I worked a lot of overtime,
    When the bills just got too steep.

'And I never passed a cry for help,
    Though at times I shook with fear.
    And sometimes, God, forgive me,
    I've wept unmanly tears.

'I know I don't deserve a place,
    Among the people here.

They never wanted me around,
    Except to calm their fears.
    'If you've a place for me here, Lord,
    It needn't be so grand.

I never expected or had too much,
    But if You don't, I'll understand.'

There was a silence all around the throne,
    Where the saints had often trod.

As the Soldier waited quietly,
    For the judgment of his God.

'Step forward now, you Soldier,
    You've borne your burdens well.
    Walk peacefully on Heaven's streets,
    You've done your time in Hell.'

~Author Unknown
    It's the Soldier, not the reporter, who has given us the freedom of the press.

It's the Soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.

It's the Soldier, not the politicians that ensures our right to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

It's the Soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag.

If you care to offer the smallest token of recognition and appreciation for the Military, Thank a Veteran!!!
    Patrick & Tammy
    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Amen -
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

No truer words have ever been spoken! Thanks to all the vets!!
      Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Morning thought ...

Armed Forces Day (3rd Saturday in May) is for those that WEAR the uniform.
        Veteran's Day (November 11th) is for those that WORE the uniform.
        Memorial Day (last Monday of May) is for those that DIED in the uniform.

I can't speak for anyone else ... but as prior military and current civilian, I hope everyone remembers those we've lost and teaches those that don't know (both young and old) what this holiday is about. But I also hope you spend it the way you see fit (at a gravesite, at the park, at church, on your bike, cooking out, boating, swimming, mowing your yard, etc), as that's some of what that ultimate price was paid for.

If you don't know how to say thank you, simply try to honor, educate & have FUN every chance you get, including this holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post
          Morning thought ...

... but as prior military and current civilian, I hope everyone remembers those we've lost and teaches those that don't know (both young and old) what this holiday is about. But I also hope you spend it the way you see fit (at a gravesite, at the park, at church, on your bike, cooking out, boating, swimming, mowing your yard, etc), as that's some of what that ultimate price was paid for.

If you don't know how to say thank you, simply try to honor, educate & have FUN every chance you get, including this holiday.
          Amen.

Semper Fi - Mike
          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

This Memorial Day just take a brief moment to honor the heroes who paid the ultimate price in defense of our values, freedoms and our homeland. Our debt to these men and women will always be innumerable and impossible to repay. Please remember them this holiday weekend. This will be more meaningful to some versus some others ...the protected will never fully know or understand until you have served in our armed forces.

Semper Fi

Comment

I didnt know Steve was prior military.......thank you for serving.......I served in the Army from 84 to 90 most was spent in Weisbaden Germany at Camp Piere.......
              Last edited by 383S-10; May 23, 2015, 03:31 PM.
              That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Well done Dewayne, thanks for your service too. I was in the Navy for 6-years and spent over half of that on a ship.

Comment

Thanks to all, and a special thank you to my nephew Johnathan Pickard who did two tours in Afghanistan with the Marines ,lost some buddies and has had a hard time with it but is doing better.
                  Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                  If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

This is why I ask to remember all vets every day...their sacrifices happen every day, not just on the holidays... I believe that a military family member or spouse is put under just as much if not more stressful than being a member... their questions more often than not go completely unanswered when the bad stuff occurs. We all enjoy our rights every day... whenever I see a vet, I thank him for his or her service... I just had a korean era vet notice my dog tag on my key ring not too long ago... he made the effort, and i in turn thanked him for his service... it was a few minutes well spent when I saw the light in his eye and the pride come back...
                    Patrick & Tammy
                    - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Thank you veterans!
                      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Thanks for posting that Patrick
                        Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                        The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by silver_bullet View Post
                          This is why I ask to remember all vets every day...their sacrifices happen every day, not just on the holidays... I believe that a military family member or spouse is put under just as much if not more stressful than being a member... their questions more often than not go completely unanswered when the bad stuff occurs. We all enjoy our rights every day... whenever I see a vet, I thank him for his or her service... I just had a korean era vet notice my dog tag on my key ring not too long ago... he made the effort, and i in turn thanked him for his service... it was a few minutes well spent when I saw the light in his eye and the pride come back...
                          As a First Sergeant of a Deployed unit of 132 soldiers, I can attest that the family/spouses pay a much greater sacrifice than the service member (SM). The SM is in the know of what he/she is going through. The unknown for the families is too big of a burden for many to overcome. It has been said that the Toughest Job In The Army is that of a Wife. I agree.
                          Long Hauler '14,'15 - Black C6 Convertible HRPT'16 - Poor Man's Vet - '74 Gremlin - I HOPE!

Comment

A thank you to all the veterans.

Comment

Working...
                            X