Heidts Lunch Stop Sunday - same place as last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heidts Lunch Stop Sunday - same place as last year

A freind sent this to me, i have copied and pasted it from the following link.
    http://www.heidts.com/2014-hot-rod-p...visits-heidts/
    HOT ROD POWER TOUR VISITS HEIDTS®

HOME » HOT ROD POWER TOUR VISITS HEIDTS®

Heidts® is proud to be part of the 2015 Hot Rod Power Tour as a hospitality stop on Sunday June 7th 2015. Mark your calendars and stop by to see thousands of cars stop by our facility to tour our manufacturing area and show off their rides. Check out the Photos and video of the 2014 Power Tour event when they stopped by our facility last June, and see the winners below from our 2014 prize raffle.

Because of this i am guessing that we will be taking route 12 from Madison to their place..taking up through Cambridge for our first town as they did in 2009, and that town loved us (yummy donuts) From there there are many options all about the same length to get to Champaign Urbana, Some take a route down the interstates on the out skirts of Chicago which aren't bad, but will will have tolls, and some will take down 4 lane highways with stop lights til you get south of I-80, we will have to wait and see. (if we don't like the route Hot Rod Picks i can always come up with a better one i am from the area) Traffic around Heidts wont be to bad, mostly a 4 lane highway through there...it is after that depending on how they go that will be unpredictable

If you stopped at Heidts last year you know they did a tour of their facility that took over 45 min and then only got a hot dog at the end, was a good tour if you didn't go last year you might want to check it out.

Route 12 will also take you within a mile of the Volo Auto Museum which i have mentioned before. www.volocars.com. If you chose not to go to Hiedts this is a great stop and they have a small place to eat there for a good lunch and also a great Chicago Style Hot Dog Sandwich joint near by.

If anyone needs anything while in this area let me know i live 10 min from both...will be on the tour, but can meet you to help out if needed.
    Last edited by GTPilot88; April 1, 2015, 07:54 PM.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Got an email back from Mike Yager at Mid America, they don't know if they are doing lunch on the third day, cost of lunch and sponsorship is like 47,000. They want to, just have to find the funding.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Mid America is in my home town. If they do have a lunch or stop there. If I can no be on any other part of the tour I will be there. They do have a cool little museum to go thru. They also have a mock up of an old has station (I think 50's era (well before my time so not sure) that one can drive up to for photos. Right now (thru rest of the year) the interstate is packed with construction so, if you plan on stopping in to check this out I would come in from the North on u s 45. Any question, or need info on the area (effingham, il) just ask always willing to lend a hand
      Last edited by alilley; April 1, 2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Is there "time" for stuff like this?

On the two legs I went on last year (doing the whole thing this year!), our group left at a decent morning hour, but we did stop for lunch, and barely made it to our venues on time from traffic. For the guys that do the "extra stuff" do you leave ass crack early?

I know that on Gulfport day my wife and I plan on leaving AL around 4-5 AM to get to Gulfport early to hit the beach for the day! Basically going to park the car, punch the card, and walk across the street.
        Last edited by Jesse James 80; April 2, 2015, 08:02 AM.
        1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
        1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
        1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James 80 View Post
          Is there "time" for stuff like this?

On the two legs I went on last year (doing the whole thing this year!), our group left at a decent morning hour, but we did stop for lunch, and barely made it to our venues on time from traffic. For the guys that do the "extra stuff" do you leave ass crack early?

I know that on Gulfport day my wife and I plan on leaving AL around 4-5 AM to get to Gulfport early to hit the beach for the day! Basically going to park the car, punch the card, and walk across the street.
          we usually leave around 8:00, right from the hotel, and try and get ahead of the group. usually don't have a problem getting there.
          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Heidts was pretty cool last year but if we are close to Volo think I may choose to stop and check that out. I hope to run with Big Dave and company like I did last year so we'll see what they come up with as far as a route.
            Visit my sons blog:
            www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

We skipped Heidt's due to the congestion & lack of parking in the area. I have done lunch stops in the past & still made the venue in plenty of time. This sounds like someone is tipping a hand as to the route for that day.
              Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon23 View Post
                Heidts was pretty cool last year but if we are close to Volo think I may choose to stop and check that out. I hope to run with Big Dave and company like I did last year so we'll see what they come up with as far as a route.
                I ran with Dave and Andy last year for Charlotte & TN - and plan to again this year. What car were you in?

I remember a new Camaro, a fox Mustang Convertible, a newer corvette, a 56 F100, chevelle/Malibu convertible, impala? hardtop, then andy's truck and dave's Monaco.
                Last edited by Jesse James 80; April 2, 2015, 10:58 AM.
                1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr View Post
                  We skipped Heidt's due to the congestion & lack of parking in the area. I have done lunch stops in the past & still made the venue in plenty of time. This sounds like someone is tipping a hand as to the route for that day.
                  I don't claim that I knew the exact route, just something that was found on the Interweb. And looking at a map, and knowing they have taken route 12 in the past like 09 from Madison to Racine. Just using logic and history and taking an educated guess.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post

I don't claim that I knew the exact route, just something that was found on the Interweb. And looking at a map, and knowing they have taken route 12 in the past like 09 from Madison to Racine. Just using logic and history and taking an educated guess.

A very understandable and good conclusion.....now the question becomes what route that day put us at Heidt's around 10:30ish to 11:30ish time frame and at the venue about 2:30 to 3:30..........hmmmmmmmmmm.......let the route speculation thread begin.......
                    That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

A very understandable and good conclusion.....now the question becomes what route that day put us at Heidt's around 10:30ish to 11:30ish time frame and at the venue about 2:30 to 3:30..........hmmmmmmmmmm.......let the route speculation thread begin.......
                      Typically via route 12 to lake Zurich from Madison is about 2.25-2.5 hours. But with your traffic I would say add an hour.

Looks like any way we go after hiedts it is going to be a close to 300 mile day

Comment

I was thinking Heidts is the one that is tipping the route info a bit. Time will tell for sure the exact route, but I'm thinking 12 to Lake Zurich is a very likely start.
                        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

I ran with Dave and Andy last year for Charlotte & TN - and plan to again this year. What car were you in?

I remember a new Camaro, a fox Mustang Convertible, a newer corvette, a 56 F100, chevelle/Malibu convertible, impala? hardtop, then andy's truck and dave's Monaco.

My son and I were in the tan fox mustang 'vert.
                          Visit my sons blog:
                          www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Got an email back from Mike Yager at Mid America, they don't know if they are doing lunch on the third day, cost of lunch and sponsorship is like 47,000. They want to, just have to find the funding.
                            Heidt's is where they parked some of us in a very muddy field. Don't think I'll go back there. I'm all for Mid America though........very nice place. I'd even be willing to pay for a meal there, just to check out their stuff! Nice place with nice employees last time. I remember an unofficial lunch stop in Alabama a few years ago that had a BBQ buffet that we paid for. Just nice to stop and meet others in a more informal setting.

Comment

I was in the new Camaro and will be running with the crew again, looking foward to seeing everyone again.
                              Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
                              If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

Working...
                              X