Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

House on The Rock Saturday 6/6/15 before show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House on The Rock Saturday 6/6/15 before show.

Many of you might have seen stuff on TV about House on the Rock and house different and extravagant it is on the inside, and just amazed at how it was built. But i don't know if you realize how close it is to Madison, and it is a must see when you are close. Madison is only 1hr from the house. Therese and I plan on going to see it on Saturday morning before coming to the cruise night. The Doors open at 9:00 am and that is when we plan on being there, and then we plan on coming to the cruise night.

If anyone else would love to join us on Saturday morning we could cruise up there together, and if there is enough of us maybe even get a group rate.

Let me know if you are interested.

If you don't know what house on the rock it, here is a brief description, but you can find more online just by goggling it and there is information everywhere.
    Its main website is http://www.thehouseontherock.com/HOTR_AttractionMain.htm

"The House on the Rock began in 1945 when a man named Alex Jordan had a towering goal: to build a retreat as awe-inspiring as the view from the rock upon which the House would eventually be built. What took shape on and around Deer Shelter Rock is a truly remarkable achievement. The House was only the beginning. In the years that followed, Alex expanded his vision beyond the House and collected and built on a massive scale. In the end he had created the world-renowned attraction known as The House on the Rock."
    Last edited by GTPilot88; March 27, 2015, 08:46 PM.
    Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

I will probably go see it and the Ringbrothers openhouse on Friday, since they are both in the same town.

Comment

Just my 2 cents on this. House on the Rock isn't something you can take in completely in a couple hours in the morning. It can take all day to see everything there and would be better planned as a day trip rather than a quick stop on tour.
      Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Originally posted by trukluvr View Post
        Just my 2 cents on this. House on the Rock isn't something you can take in completely in a couple hours in the morning. It can take all day to see everything there and would be better planned as a day trip rather than a quick stop on tour.
        Yea we know e plan on spending about 3-4 hours there and getting to the show late. We tried to go last week when we were in the dells but found out they were closed on Tuesday and Wednesday the only two days we had a chance, and this is the only other option we could come up with.. That is why we plan on being there at open.
        Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

It's worth the trip to check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post

Yea we know e plan on spending about 3-4 hours there and getting to the show late. We tried to go last week when we were in the dells but found out they were closed on Tuesday and Wednesday the only two days we had a chance, and this is the only other option we could come up with.. That is why we plan on being there at open.
            Can you buy tickets ahead of time and how often do the tours start.....they open at 09:00 and I would like to be at the Ring Brothers shop no later than 01:00 so i was hoping to be in the first tour group........any info/advice on this plan.....
            That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

Can you buy tickets ahead of time and how often do the tours start.....they open at 09:00 and I would like to be at the Ring Brothers shop no later than 01:00 so i was hoping to be in the first tour group........any info/advice on this plan.....
              Self guided through house on the rock.. Ring brothers is Friday, I was planning on going to house on the rock Saturday. Won't be in town til Friday night

You can buy your tickets before hand.. Don't know if that allows you to go straight in or not or if they need to be exchanged...

Last edited by GTPilot88; April 3, 2015, 08:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GTPilot88 View Post

Self guided through house on the rock.. Ring brothers is Friday, I was planning on going to house on the rock Saturday. Won't be in town til Friday night

You can buy your tickets before hand.. Don't know if that allows you to go straight in or not or if they need to be exchanged...

http://www.thehouseontherockwebstore...-the-rock.html

Ok good to know....sorry didnt want to hi-jack your thread but needed info for my group that was planning a compromise trip for all in my group that Friday....House on the Rock in the morning/Ring Bros in the afternoon/eve......we can do registration friday or saturday we are flexible that way.........but I did need your incite on that attraction so we could decide on what we wanted to do.....thanks again.........

P.S. .......one more thing does same proposed travel route to the Fish Fry apply coming from that area or do we can/should go another way.......thanks again.........
                Last edited by 383S-10; April 4, 2015, 12:51 PM.
                That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

house on the rock is a little pricey at $30 per, but worth it if your an architecture freak
                  fyi Taliesin is also in the area https://www.taliesinpreservation.org/ and well worth the tour
                  my son and i did both a couple years back
                  HRPT Long Hauler 2011, 2012, 2014

Comment

Working...
                  X