Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Places to eat on the 2015 Power Tour.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whaddacrock View Post
    Only one place on the tour that I know I'll be stopping to eat, thought I'd share it. ½-way between Madison, IL and Memphis on I55 at the Sikeston exit - place called "Lamberts (Home of the Throwed Rolls). Great down home menu catering to all tastes, and the "pass arounds" - they will be offering them to you before you even order, so don't overdo! Pass arounds include: Fried Potatoes & Onions, Macaroni & Tomatoes, Black-Eyed Peas, Fried Okra, Hot Rolls & Sorghum, Apple Butter. The whole time you're there, they have someone pushing a cart around with the most delicious "large" yeast rolls - if you want one, hold your hand up and be prepared to catch it! (Hint: If you miss catching the roll, DO NOT look to see where it went, there will be another right behind it!). They don't tell you, but - all meals are all you can eat - if you eat all your meal, they'll bring you another one. Here's a link to their menu: http://www.throwedrolls.com/sikestonmenu/#1
    we ate at lamberts a few years ago. WELL worth the wait. if we go close to it again this year, we will definatley go back.

in downtown memphis, rendezvous bbq. we were there a few years back. park at the parking garage around the corner and then can walk to beale street after.

can someone make a list that they can be printed? i would, but i don't know how.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Another one to look into is lata water creek located off of I64, south east of st Louis. (Spelling might be off but close enough)

I don't like to wait but was over visiting my brother and he took us. Just in in hungry, put this way when they brought my brother's plate(chicken fried steak and fries) to him and set it down, there was so many fries piled on it that there was a large order from Mc d's on the table.... not over priced either

Comment

I've lived less than 100 miles from Lamberts all my life and never been there. Every time I drive by they are packed. Interested to see the route from STL to MEM, although my money is on the route Drag Week took in 2013.
        GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
          we ate at lamberts a few years ago. WELL worth the wait. if we go close to it again this year, we will definatley go back.

in downtown memphis, rendezvous bbq. we were there a few years back. park at the parking garage around the corner and then can walk to beale street after.

can someone make a list that they can be printed? i would, but i don't know how.

I have made a file to email or you can copy click it then paste into wordpad or notepad then print it out......if you want a copy from me just pm me your email and I will be glad to send it to you.........or we can do it closer to the travel date for a very updated version......
          That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post

I have made a file to email or you can copy click it then paste into wordpad or notepad then print it out......if you want a copy from me just pm me your email and I will be glad to send it to you.........or we can do it closer to the travel date for a very updated version......
            thanks. i appreciate that.
            Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Day 1 lunch stop looks like it is at Heidts again.

Comment

Day 2 should be Mid-America, that's my gut feeling.
                GM G-bodies, because I can't afford a 69 Camaro.

Comment

Before you get to Heidts there is a Chicago Style Dog and Sandwich stop about 15 min before call Fratillio's in Volo, IL... Very close to Volo Auto Museum (that is if we take 12 all the way from Madison, which makes the most sense) They got good food. Or if you really want Chicago Pizza there is a Girodano's Pizza 10 min before Fratillo's (take out only) and very close to Heidts (dine in), They have the best chicago pizza around, but you might want to order ahead, takes about 45/60min to get the deep/stuff pizza's that they are known for

Got an email back from Mike Yager at Mid America, they don't know if they are doing lunch on the third day, cost of lunch and sponsorship is like 47,000. They want to, just have to find the funding.

Last edited by GTPilot88; April 1, 2015, 08:54 PM.
                  Long Hauler 2009, 10, 11, 12, 15 3 of 7 in 2013 5 of 8 in 2014 1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Comment

Added the Power Tour Breakfast Club to list...........

Comment

Toronto's Seafood for the best fried shrimp anywhere on the coast, in Woolmarket, Ms (Biloxi)
                      Capt. Al's Seafood in Gulfport (I-10 & Loraine Rd.) signature pecan wood grilled steak and shrimp by Capt Al and served by his beautiful daughters

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                        Added the Power Tour Breakfast Club to list...........
                        Looking forward to this.
                        Visit my sons blog:
                        www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Originally posted by DrOlds View Post
                          Toronto's Seafood for the best fried shrimp anywhere on the coast, in Woolmarket, Ms (Biloxi)
                          Capt. Al's Seafood in Gulfport (I-10 & Loraine Rd.) signature pecan wood grilled steak and shrimp by Capt Al and served by his beautiful daughters
                          Also added these.....Captain Al's gals reminded me of a place in Memphis off Beale Street called The Flying Saucer.....anybody seen those school girl uniforms?........

Comment

The Blowfly Inn in Biloxi has the best shrimp !! White Caps & Shaggys are both good, but Blowfly Inn is GREAT!

Comment

Another option in Madison if you like BBQ is Smokey John's award winning BBQ on the Northside of Madison not terribly far from the Pine Cone.
                              Check out madisonoriginals.com for lots of local eateries if your planning to avoid chains. Although, I will admit that I really enjoy Dickies BBQ. :D
                              1990 LX coupe, 1986 Thunderbird, 2004 Torch Red Mach 1
                              http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/a...psa33c367c.jpg

Comment

Found it. This is where we are looking forward to eating in Memphis.
                                Visit my sons blog:
                                www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Working...
                                X