Places to see along power tour 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Places to see along power tour 2015

I was just curious if any of you guys that know the area along the route or who have done this route before, if you have any fun places you like to see or know of any good places to go see. Whether its a museum, a mountain, strange random rock formation, anything really. I know we are planning on stopping in the places on our way out to madison. But just in case we have some time to kill or leave the hotel early for the next location, would be nice to maybe go see something close by.

Graceland!
    Non-denominational car nut.
    Ten Time Long Hauler! 2001-2011
    Do you go all the way?

Comment

Check out www.roadsideamerica.com. You can search by state and location to find "unique" attractions. For example I found a winery south of STL that has a tasting room in a cave.
      Rick

Comment

Thanks smallblock, looks like we will be stopping there. Will check that out 1969rs

Comment

sun studio's near memphis, tupelo museum was amazing, barber motorcycle museum in alabama is breathtaking, crown point is where john dillinger's famous escape took place, st loius arch . just to name a few

Comment

Hanging out on Beal St in Memphis

Comment

Thanks 59brook. What happens on beal at gamauter?

Comment

Jazz. Bbq. They shut the street down and filled it with cars.

Comment

Originally posted by gamauter View Post
                  Jazz. Bbq. They shut the street down and filled it with cars.
                  Has there been an announcement made about parking on Beal St.? This usually done once a month, with a limited number of cars?

HRPT 2000, 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011, Long Haul 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017,2018

68 Camaro S/S convertible, 69 Camaro Coupe

Comment

I hope they do the same thing they did for the '13 tour on beale. That was pretty darn cool. I had no idea they were putting tour cars on the street.
                    Visit my sons blog:
                    www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

If the tour brings us in on 67 south headed into Madison IL......we might get a chance to pass the silo painted as a can of Stag beer.....why because he loves Stag beer.......it is something a lot of us can relate to.................

That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

The world largest bottle of catsup is in Collinsville IL.........................

Official Web Site and Fan Club of the World's Largest Catsup Bottle in Collinsville, Illinois

Comment

volo auto museum, i think kruise auctions has a museum nearby, historic auto atrractions all of these are in ill, wics auto museum about an hour ne of madison . If like me you like auto museums check out hemmings.com , go to the events section and there is a listing for museums , you can search the entire world

Comment

.......well that trumps a bottle of catsup.............

Comment

Originally posted by 383S-10 View Post
                              .......well that trumps a bottle of catsup.............
                              Depends on how hungry you are.

Comment

Working...
                              X