Honoring Mike Franks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honoring Mike Franks

I have commissioned windshield clings for our cars and stickers for our shirts honoring our friend Mike. These are the same as we did for Ray; the clings are designed for use and re-use inside a windshield or window, and the stickers are self-adhesive and stick very well to shirts. Each sticker will last several days with a little care.
    I offered a few designs to Donna and her family, and this is the one they chose. I think they are very nice. About 2" in diameter.

There are enough to go around I think, and have already sent some to some folks who's addresses I had. I will have them with me on the Power Tour, but if you would like yours in advance, I need you to send me your name and address, how many days you will be on the Power Tour, and how many people will be in your car. As Mike suggested back then, "a SASE would work very well".

For those of you who would like to help with the cost, as before I am not asking for help in that regard. Donna and I are asking that you make a donation to ALS. Most of you will recall that we created a ‘Bangshift.com family’ link as a memorial to Ray Brady through Team Lightning…………..in keeping with that endeavor, I have set up a ‘virtual walker’ on Team Lightning in Mike’s name. You may make contributions in Mike’s honor here:

http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/Walks/Lo...8#.VNlf_7s5DxM

If you have problems, ideas, or suggestions to further honor Mike's memory, just let me know. Thanks, all.

Steve, could you make this one 'sticky' too? Thanks.
    Last edited by oletrux4evr; February 9, 2015, 07:40 PM.
    Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
    HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

This speaks volumes for our BS family, PM on way.
    Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
    If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

We received ours in the mail last week. Will be proudly displaying them on PT.
      Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
      Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Great idea Ed! We received ours, thanks.
        Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Received ours as well, thanks!
          Patrick & Tammy
          - Long Haulin' 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014...Addicting isn't it...??

Comment

Originally posted by oletrux4evr View Post
            Steve, could you make this one 'sticky' too?
            You got it.

Comment

Mine came last week.... Thanks Ed & Mary for being so thoughtful....

Ed & Jane Tampa, FL
              1966 Plymouth Fury III
              2014 Dodge Ram 1500
              Long Hauler - 2009,2010,2012,2013,2014
              Cocoa Beach & Valdosta - 2011

Comment

Thanks, Steve.
                Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
                HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

No worries, that's why I get the big bucks ....

Comment

We received ours. Such a great thought- thank you Ed and Mary - we love you Donna and family. Always here for you....
                    HRPT LH- 09,10,11,12
                    DW- 12,16,17
                    "Stay thirsty my friends"
                    The worlds most interesting man

Comment

I'll get a SASE to you if I find my list around this desk. Awesome looking decals and will proudly display it.

Comment

I got mine last week Ed. Great work and an awesome idea.
                        Hauling ass & sucking gas are the best uses for a truck.

Comment

Got ours today Ed. A great idea indeed!
                          ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Got ours last week, Thanks for doing this.

Comment

Thanks Ed and Mary I will proudly display these!!
                              Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

Working...
                              X