Bringing kids on the Power Tour?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing kids on the Power Tour?

We will be joining in on the last 4 stops, heading from Oklahoma. It will be just be myself, 9yr old and 4 yr old. Is anyone else touring with some little ones?

Kevin

Dad? Are we there yet? Dad?

Nick

Comment

Our grandsons went one year.
      Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Brought my 10 year old daughter last year long haul. Lots of kids on the tour. She met kids at every stop. Going with me again this year long haul now 11 years old. She is excited. Usually hates car rides but power tour with dad is no problem. Great memories. Can't wait. Hope you have the same experience.

Comment

My brother long hauls with his 6th grader. My son is 17 so we can leave them together.

Comment

My oldest will be 18 and my youngest will be 14 this coming HRPT, been long hauling them for the last 4 years and 1 short haul and Ga Firechicken is right about the memories, enjoy!
            Pt 2010, Long Haul 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17, 18, 19, 23
            If you wait, all that happens is that you get older

Comment

My son is 14. This will be our 5th tour. He gets a kick out of it. He enjoys seeing cars on the road and being used rather than being roped off at car shows. It is also the only time us two can get away together and talk about life and just hang out. I never had that so I want my kids to have a memories to pass on when i'm gone. I can't wait until '16 though. He'll have his permit by then and can do some of the driving.
              Visit my sons blog:
              www.driftundertheradar.com

Comment

Im bringing my 10 year old daughter and wife on first trip this year.

Comment

classic memories from 2010 our wagon blew the rear on the way to the tour, so i rented a dodge charger. Well we did the charity laps around the track and here is my 8 yr old in the backseat yelling go faster daddy and my wife half under the dash and half on the seat screaming were gonna crash, your too close to the wall, the car isnt made to go this fast. we were only doing about 80. you can even see in the Pic we bought showing the car on the track with me and my daughter but my wife is so low in the seat she can't be seen

Comment

59brook that is hilarious. My wife won't go because she knows I do stupid stuff like that. My daughter loves it and no mom around with rules. Can't wait for some quality dad daughter time on the tour.

Comment

make sure to introduce your daughter to the vendors as lots of time they have special stuff for the kids. Tremec gave away beach balls to the kids and it was great . we still take one on trips for my daughter to play with in the hotel pools. help's her break the ice and keeps the kids busy

Comment

We took ours last year, 10 and 6. They had fun, met other kids, got bored at times but overall it was great and made some good memories.

Comment

If she is over 21, attractive and looking for a Sugar Daddy........hell yes bring the kid
                          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
                          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Thanks for the great responses! (except big dave, LOL) I look forward to the memories!

Comment

I'm still looking ahead to bring my son, not sure I'm brave enough to attempt a road trip with him yet.
                              HRPT 12 Miami and Stillwater, OK, 13 Arlington to Memphis, 14/15 Vetoed by Wife, 16 Long Haul, 17/18/19 motor fiasco

Comment

Working...
                              X