Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A special request to all of Mike and Donna's friends

Hi Guys.
    I have been communicating with Mike and Donna's daughter, and I have volunteered to make Donna a Memory Quilt from Mike's shirts. I am planning to get it done and present it to her during PT this year. My request is as follows:
    I am asking that each of you who would like to participate to send me a quote, message, etc. that you would like to send to Donna, and I will embroider all of them on the quilt. Donna thought this was a great idea, and I would like as many of our Bangshift family as possible to participate.
    Your contribution can be anything you like: memories of Mike on PT, funny stories about him, something you would like to say to Donna, etc. I am only asking that you limit it to 2-3 paragraphs, because of space constraints on the finished quilt blocks. You can start sending these to me immediately, and I will make a list and start embroidering them as soon as I get the shirts from Donna. You will all get to see the finished quilt and your contributions on PT. You can post them on this thread or send them by PM. Please include your name as well as Bangshift screen name so Donna will know who the quote came from.
    If anyone wants to send their memory to me privately, send me a PM and I will furnish my email address.
    I am hoping you will all pull together and help me make this a very special and personal gift for Donna, so that every time she uses the quilt, she will be wrapped in a hug from Mike and the Bangshift family.

Thanks so much!!
    Last edited by elcaminogirl59; January 19, 2015, 04:34 PM.
    Terri B. Long Hauler, Cars and Cones participant, Land Speed Racer
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Steve, can we make this thread a "sticky" for a while, please? Thanks!
    Want to know why I like wine? Have you ever thought about what fish do in water?!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
      Steve, can we make this thread a "sticky" for a while, please? Thanks!
      Sure ... email sent.

Comment

Fantastic idea Terri, we'll think about something to add.
        Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
        HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

I'll be sending you an e-mail Terri
          Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
          The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Thanks guys. I've already got a few responses. Hope the rest of you will participate as well. I want to make the quilt really special for Donna. Please keep responses upbeat, as I want the quilt to be a celebration of Mike's life, not mourning his death.

Comment

Email sent.
              Jim & Cathy North Mankato, MN Long Haulers '04,07,08,09,10,11,12,13,14,18,21Short Haul '05,'15,'17,’19 WST '14,'15,'16,'17,’18

Comment

Got it, Jim. Thanks!

Comment

PM sent Terri. Thank You!
                  Greg & Mendy Dayton, Ohio 2007LH 2008LH 2010LH 2011LH 2012 1st 2 stops 2013LH 2015 1st 2 stops2016LH 2017 first and last stops . 2018 LH ("It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool!! Harley Davidson!")

Comment

I'm assuming Mike wouldn't approve of any Ford patches... LOL. Sorry I missed the service.
                    There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Hi Terri, check your PM's. Can you download images into your embroidery machine and have 'em on the quilt?
                      John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                      Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

If you're asking about pictures, I can scan pics and print them with specially-treated fabric. They are then permanent and washable. If it's a logo or something similar, i can get it digitized online and made into an embroidery pattern. So really, to answer your question, depends on what it is!!

Comment

Originally posted by elcaminogirl59 View Post
                          If you're asking about pictures, I can scan pics and print them with specially-treated fabric. They are then permanent and washable. If it's a logo or something similar, i can get it digitized online and made into an embroidery pattern. So really, to answer your question, depends on what it is!!

Thanx Terri, I'll email it to ya and you can see what you can do with it.
                          Last edited by papasmurf587; January 27, 2015, 04:15 PM.
                          John 'n Kathy ('65 GTO)
                          Western North Carolina

"I'd rather do it than watch it"

Comment

Hi Terri - I sent a PM to you

Comment

OH MY GOD!!!! I just saw this.
                              Donna, I am soooo sorry to read this.
                              Terri, i'll email you something.
                              Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment