No announcement yet.

In the blink of an eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because it's a classic you can get the whole car painted. Buddy of mind had this 69 Boss hit in passenger door. Had to fight the insurance company but they finally gave in and paid for paint. So stay after them about that you will win, only question is how long it will take. If you can fund the paint job out of pocket then do it but be relentless with insurance company.
    Long Haul Gang 2011,12,13,14,15,16,17,19
    The older I get The Faster I was!

Comment

Originally posted by White Monster View Post

Spend some more time contemplating the fact that your son and yourself were not seriously injured, it could have been much worse. You know in your heart the the 22 year-old did not intentionally hit you ... he was just being a careless dumb-ass kid, just like we all have been at some point in our lives.

Now start looking for a good repair shop.
      You are absolutely right. If it would have been the door he hit things could have been much worse. And, no, he didn't do it on purpose. I felt bad later that I was so irate at the scene. The kid never said he was sorry that it happened- but to be fair I wasn't really being very approachable at that time either. There's always some good in the bad, it's just a matter of finding it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dave View Post
        Because it's a classic you can get the whole car painted. Buddy of mind had this 69 Boss hit in passenger door. Had to fight the insurance company but they finally gave in and paid for paint. So stay after them about that you will win, only question is how long it will take. If you can fund the paint job out of pocket then do it but be relentless with insurance company.
        The insurance company specializes in collector and custom cars so this might be a non-issue. I should know something tomorrow or Tuesday. They have already told me that I can take it anywhere I want, no restrictions on who does the repairs. I think a lot of what does/does not get done on the car might hinge on the shop. I've actually been mulling over getting a few things touched up and repainting the car anyway so this might be the ideal time. Right now I'm just down to worrying about having the car ready in time.

Thank you everybody for the well wishes and support. I realize that things can always be much worse than they appear to be at the time, this too shall pass.
        I know you guys are a sympathetic crowd

Comment

Well it's all turning out alright. Car is not totaled. The other driver took responsibility and his insurance is paying for everything. I found a shop that does nothing but old cars and they put out some awesome work. I should have the car back better than ever in a month and even going to get a few little nagging issues taken care of while it is there. Looks like I'm going to make it after all.

Comment

Great news Buzz - good deal.
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Yes, very good news!
              Last edited by oletrux4evr; January 31, 2015, 07:21 AM.
              Ed, Mary, & 'Earl'
              HRPT LongHaulers, 08, 09, 10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering, "what the hell happened?"

The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Great news Buzz!!! We'll be looking for you & the Impala.
                ...when you got a fast car, you think you've got everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpvfmSL6WkM

Comment

Originally posted by 67 Malibu View Post
                  Great news Buzz!!! We'll be looking for you & the Impala.
                  X2
                  Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
                  74 Nova Project
                  66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
                  79 Chevy Truck Project
                  1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz0 View Post
                    Well it's all turning out alright.
                    Excellent !!!

Comment

Great news! I wasn't worried about the timeline after reading your post/concerns. Insurance jobs are a completely different animal, even for classic cars. It's an automatic "head of the line" and it gets worked on until it's done, or they don't get paid... and there's more $ in insurance jobs... you're car is why the guy with the 68 Camaro is now going to wait a few more weeks for his car after it gets pushed to the corner!

BTW, Awesome car! Looking forward to seeing it!
                      Last edited by Jesse James 80; February 2, 2015, 07:11 AM.
                      1967 Chevrolet C10 SWB - 350/700R/3.73
                      1965 Ford Mustang - 289/T5/3.25
                      1968 Pontiac Firebird - Project Rusty Chicken

2014 HRPT Short Haul; 2015, 2016, & 2018 HRPT Long Hauler

Comment

Working...
                      X