No announcement yet.

A Different Drag Week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, okay. He was with Joe Barry (or was Joe Barry with him?) in Las Vegas.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hey.. I hope it succeeds, I really do... but I have a bad feeling about it (one of those things that you just can't put your finger on, you know?).
      DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
      DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
      DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
      DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
        Hmm, okay. He was with Joe Barry (or was Joe Barry with him?) in Las Vegas.
        Yeah I was with Matt in Vegas, I didn't have any way to get my car out there so he helped me out.

Comment

Yup! The 'too good to be true' feeling. Especially when throwing all the BIG names out there as "guaranteed" entrants.

But I do trust Joe
          Last edited by TheSilverBuick; December 18, 2014, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Matt means well and wants to put on an event much like Drag Week with a twist...............Payouts. I cant speak of the other classes because I'm not familiar with the rules or the cars/competitors. However Unlimited is a very volatile class as many people know or may not know. Matt was trying an attempt to get everyone together with the possibility of parity. As of right now all the unlimited cars on the page have committed to come . Is it perfect? Will it work? Who knows but its something that the guys or gals that like the Drag Week format of racing have an option to do. I was talking to Gary Putnam earlier and I have met some of the most genuine people because of Drag week that will do anything to help, i think with those type of competitors participating at an event can be successful. It isn't something you have to do instead of Drag Week but an option for folks that don't get in or maybe cant attend the normal Drag Week. So if everyone would keep an open mind and lets see how it plays out, and obviously voice your opinion , it helps for competitors to tell him whats good or bad with a rule or rules but on that same note if its bad try to have a solution of the proper way to go about fixing it.
            Last edited by Joe Barry; December 18, 2014, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Until BBR James posted up Matt's name, I had no clue whom Rocky Mountain Race Week was. It's the internet, could of been a 12 year old boy posting pictures and stirring the pot and possibly taking entrant money and sending it to a Nigerian bank account, lol.

I'm game
              Last edited by TheSilverBuick; December 18, 2014, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Yup! The 'too good to be true' feeling. Especially when throwing all the BIG names out there as "guaranteed" entrants.

But I do trust Joe
                Thank you!!!! I really didn't think that people liked this type of race but us guys that race it. Well it turns out there are a lot of folks that do and are willing to put money into it. The money is definitely influencing the turn out in Unlimited , I am local so its not as big a deal to me but I have literally spoke to every Unlimited guy on the phone today about this event, and their coming and their coming to run a number. Larry and myself both ran Super Chevy Denver last August and the air had no effect on the cars, Larry went 7.0s at 209 and I ran 7.20 @ 199 just goofing off for the show. Now the N/A guys and Nitrous guys the thin air is not your friend.

Comment

Sounds good to me. Until BBR James posted up Matt's name, I had no clue whom Rocky Mountain Race Week was. It's the internet, could of been a 12 year old boy posting pictures and stirring the pot and possibly taking entrant money and sending it to a Nigerian bank account, lol.

I'm game
                  Randall that's funny I needed to laugh today.

Comment

Comment

Wife has relatives west of Denver.May make it a LONG week of vacation.Joe you will be getting a care package.Dont tell Michelle.LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                        Wife has relatives west of Denver.May make it a LONG week of vacation.Joe you will be getting a care package.Dont tell Michelle.LOL.
                        Don, You have a deal but we are going to need a better plan than the last time or all I will get is a bag full of crumbs

Comment

We may have Jean in charge of dispersal of said care package this time.

Comment

If they had a N/A class I might consider, although I guess the 10-10.99 class may fit. Rules are not clear enough and with rear ladder bars it kicks me into unlimited or pro street which I know Im not fast enough for.
                            Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
                            Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
                            Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
                            Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

True Street rules (10.00-10.99) say nothing about rear suspension, just have to run on a DOT drag tire.

I think the rules are written loose on purpose.

The only change I'd make is to maybe add a 9.00-9.99 class to True Street to keep the 10.00 class from becoming a bunch of sandbagging 9.50 cars that feel they will be out gunned in Limited Street.
                              Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                              1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                              1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                              1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                              1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                              1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
                                Rocky Mountain Race Week.

Bandimere
                                Pueblo
                                Great Bend
                                Kearney
                                Bandimere

This is pretty interesting. Simple rules, and if DW is East Coast, like everyone is guessing, this will be much more convenient for me.

Keeping my eye on this one!

Hmmm. Kearney. I can go to that track.
                                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X