Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People's varied reaction to the new rules.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggin's trailer might be to tall . k never mind . cool . thanks Randal
    Last edited by stormts71; December 18, 2014, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Height doesn't mean anything, they are going on volume.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
        That is the problem with the changes. The vintage aspect in gasser is being eroded. In HR, the vintage aspect got tossed out with the trash. It dosen't mean that vintage styled cars and vintage engines can't run, but they will be rendered obsolete and/or non-competitive.

THIS

There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Hot Rod was barely contested, which would seem to indicate the rules were too restrictive if anything. I don't see why Drag Week needs 'period correct' classes. I hugely admire Jim's Nova, he built it his way, but I don't think everyone should have to go that route. Then we'd have the Hamb Drags Week, let them do that. Having an increased number of classes with some rules made differences in appearance is good for broad reader interest which I imagine is why we have changes and additions. There are a lot of interesting little nuances in this new rule set, many aimed at particular little problems. I was one of those, thus the 'have you competition license before tech' rule. Procrastination is not a plan.
          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Looking at the current Hot Rod something odd occurred to me. Why not limit nostalgia classes to iron blocks?
            My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

"Nostalgia" racing these days is big business, and the cars are modern race cars under a sort of old looking exterior.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I just think a "stock block" rule would be appropriate. Back then "stock blocks" were all there was. As a dumb outsider how really intelligent rules concepts get bypassed to avoid hurting any of the "good guys" is getting tedious to watch. As one I LIKED the new class replacing Pro Street, but what about the racers now, waaa? NHRA ENJOYS making rules that outlaw the fastest car in a class. There's always other classes.
                My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Rules are there for the honest to follow ... and the dishonest to circumvent.

Comment

Why would DF ban a car that ran in a class from the get go. Street eliminator is looking pretty good to me. Gasser and hotrod is turning to S***.
                    Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Hot Rod seem to be a very small class.. HR had a mention in the closing ceremony of the quickest street rod of the week with a plaque that cover that class
                      Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                      Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

The trophy for quickest street rod was given to a gasser.
                        Go ahead, pull my finger.

Comment

Originally posted by poison gas View Post
                          The trophy for quickest street rod was given to a gasser.
                          OK

Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
                          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

Just wondering with the new tire rule will it be everyone can run when they want till the cut off time? Happy holidays

Comment

I think it means you can run whatever until you get into the staging lanes.
                              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

You think they will still have two run sessions? One for class cars and then street elim.

Comment

Working...
                                X