Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rules (and possibly locations) tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least it's a dry heat, not like Bowling Green, Indy, St Loo and Memphis last year.

4 new tracks... Pacific Raceways, Woodburn, Bremerton and Spokane ? Maybe Mission in there if there aren't a bunch of scofflaws that can't get across a border?
    Or Edmonton, Saskatoon, Gimli and the new track in Rimbey Alberta

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
      Rules (and possibly locations) tomorrow !
      Doesn't HRM announce the tracks around April ?

Comment

Yes, but they said they might reveal the locations too. Unfortunatelly, that did not happen.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

or.....

Reliability and having enough fuel would be key .... sort out the poser street cars in a hurry.. its about 6-7 hours between each location - make it a 4 day drag week to allow for the extra distance to get to Edmonton and back home.

I mentioned this to the DF when were at Great Bend.

Question is how many of the US racers would come out?.. I would think the heavy hitters in the fastest classes would show up.

Like to get input from racers in the US on this...

Click image for larger version

Name:	3t.JPG
Views:	47
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	992418
          Last edited by efi-diy; December 21, 2014, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBR View Post
            Yes, but they said they might reveal the locations too. Unfortunatelly, that did not happen.
            HRM won't release venues until all the contracts are signed.

Comment

Actually efi-diy it could work. Since it seemed like half the cars in Tulsa had Alberta plates why not. Besides our money is at par for us. Maybe start at Medicine Hat to make less travel to and from the event?

The mileages are about like last year Edmonton to SIR should be reasonable, maybe 325 miles. Going SIR to Medicine Hat is less than 300 even with a more scenic route (in case wheat is scenic!) Same deal from The Hat to Rimbey. From Rimbey to Edmonton though will take a long detour, maybe towards the Rockies. Didn't they sing something about "Weather's good there in the fall" ?
              I would think it all needs to stay one side of the border or the other rather than crossing the border on the route. No other Canadian tracks would be within distance of each other that can handle the quick cars and be all 1/4 mile. Mission, Ashcroft... or Napierville, Miramichi... but then what other two?

Lots of strips in Mexico too but distances are tough, September weather and banditos may be tougher!
              Last edited by Tom P; December 28, 2014, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by efi-diy View Post
                or.....

Reliability and having enough fuel would be key .... sort out the poser street cars in a hurry.. its about 6-7 hours between each location - make it a 4 day drag week to allow for the extra distance to get to Edmonton and back home.

I mentioned this to the DF when were at Great Bend.

Question is how many of the US racers would come out?.. I would think the heavy hitters in the fastest classes would show up.

Like to get input from racers in the US on this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]n992418[/ATTACH]
                Hey efi-diy
                with all the street cars in Canada ..this would be very cool .. i am sure there would be some americans come up for sure as well

Comment

Seems quiet on input from the American racers if they would come ... without their input - this is a non-starter...

Originally posted by bobs302z View Post

Hey efi-diy
                  with all the street cars in Canada ..this would be very cool .. i am sure there would be some americans come up for sure as well

Comment

A non-starter is not having my car done in time, even then it's a matter cash on hand at the time.

Comment

Just to throw my two cents in I'm liking the Death Valley idea. It screams ultimate test.

Comment

Fond this on the internet....

1. Death Valley may be the most scorching spot in America, with temperatures that can reach 130 degrees F, but Lake Havasu City in Arizona earns the gold star for the hottest place where lots of people actually live.
                        Guess where I live.

Comment

What, no Yellow Knife, no Moose Jaw, com'on we need a challenge.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom P View Post

Lots of strips in Mexico too but distances are tough, September weather and banditos may be tougher!
                            You couldn't pay me to go to Mexico right now, especially with my car.
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Can't carry in Mexico, big time no go.

Comment

Working...
                              X