No announcement yet.

2015 Proposed Rules are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .Racingcritters...does this mean you can now bring the tube 57 with the Boss-9 engine?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Well maybe. Too many non metallic body parts so either DD(too fast) or Unlimited(not fast enuf)

Comment

• The 100% stock floor rule in some of the faster car rules is just stupid! We have to put cages in these cars for the times we run and keeping a stock floor is damn near impossible or a big pain in the ass to do. I have a fully welded all steel floor in my car but because it's not "stock" I'm bumped all the way up to the Pro or unlimited class! My interior is all stock, carpet and all... even power windows, everything is there but the back seat and that's out only because of the bars... wtf!!!

Comment

• All of my cars have stock floor pans, and range from 6.50 cages to 9.99 bars. if you let these rules become to lenient people will take advantage and before you know , the class is out of hand.

Comment

• So? I'm good for 6.0 and I did not want to made my floors look like a cut up stich welded mess. And the "get out of hand" phrase... does anyone really know what that means? And what "advantage" does non "oem" metal have ovet OEM metal??? I'd love someone to explain that one to me! It sure as hell not lighter! I'm over 3000 lbs empty. Probably 3250 race weight. If the "out of hand" folks are worried that I'm trying to sneak something by them then let's address it. Have the car pre inspected. Submit pics of any non OEM floors and let the admin folks judge it... I'm not afraid of that. Hell, I'll even add anothet 50lbs to keep the whinners happy. Bottom line, there is NO advantage to a all steel fully weled floor... It just makes for a much nicer interior and finished product.

Comment

• First of all let me say my name is Kevin Webb and I survived 2014 dragweek! It was without a doubt one of the best weeks of my life, I raced my 72 el camino in daily driver it runs in pretty consistent in the mid to high 13's which keeps me a long ways away from running in the top 32. The way I see it the fastest car doesn't win in daily driver anyways so why not figure out a way to get the top 32 best bracket cars and drivers in the bracket race, not the fastest? There's 15 other fastest car wins classes for that. Now I know I could just build a faster car if I want to race in the end but frankly I don't have the money to make my car run that fast. Also that elcamino truly is my daily driver it does start to lose a little of its street ability when you start getting to radical with the power. Yet another Benefit of getting the best bracket cars and drivers instead of the fastest cars is anyone has a chance everybody's racing with a purpose throughout the week instead of just the top 40 guys who know who they are Day one. I know I may sing a different song if I was driving a 10 second purpose built car but at least from where I sit now I can't see the downside of racing the 32 best bracket car and drivers. This is just my Opinion but I did talk to several people in daily driver that agreed. Now I won't waste your time or mine explaining my idea on how to get the best bracket cars and drivers because I think there are several great ways to go about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin webb View Post
              First of all let me say my name is Kevin Webb and I survived 2014 dragweek! It was without a doubt one of the best weeks of my life, I raced my 72 el camino in daily driver it runs in pretty consistent in the mid to high 13's which keeps me a long ways away from running in the top 32. The way I see it the fastest car doesn't win in daily driver anyways so why not figure out a way to get the top 32 best bracket cars and drivers in the bracket race, not the fastest? There's 15 other fastest car wins classes for that. Now I know I could just build a faster car if I want to race in the end but frankly I don't have the money to make my car run that fast. Also that elcamino truly is my daily driver it does start to lose a little of its street ability when you start getting to radical with the power. Yet another Benefit of getting the best bracket cars and drivers instead of the fastest cars is anyone has a chance everybody's racing with a purpose throughout the week instead of just the top 40 guys who know who they are Day one. I know I may sing a different song if I was driving a 10 second purpose built car but at least from where I sit now I can't see the downside of racing the 32 best bracket car and drivers. This is just my Opinion but I did talk to several people in daily driver that agreed. Now I won't waste your time or mine explaining my idea on how to get the best bracket cars and drivers because I think there are several great ways to go about it.
              I dont see a 10 second car as purpose built car at all

Comment

• Pardon my bluntness, but if you want the 32 best footbrake racers to shoot it out, there are plenty of footbrake bracket races to choose from. Drag Week isn't about that.
                DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

• I would agree with you it's a 32 cars where in a heads up race, why bracket race them it drag weeks not about that?

Comment

• the fast 32 cutoff makes you have to go fast....which is what DW is all about. Making the cutoff gets you into the "prize" of being able to race in the bracket race. If you dont like being left out, then make your car faster.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      the fast 32 cutoff makes you have to go fast....which is what DW is all about. Making the cutoff gets you into the "prize" of being able to race in the bracket race. If you dont like being left out, then make your car faster.
                      1 class. Unlimited.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

• Makes sense, I never thought of it like that I truly do appreciate everyones input.

Comment

• They have made it pretty clear recently that they have no intent of catering the DD class to sub-11.50 cars. DW is about fast cars, not giving everyone a shot at winning something.
                          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

• On the stock floors and faster chassis Certs question, I started a more conventional 8.50 cert cage and then decided to add the bits necessary to make a light weight 7.50 possible later without the "funny car" tubes for now to stay in Street Race. I've held off a bit waiting on the '15-17 rules finalization. It seems the 'cut up' stock floors rule is more about ease of inspection and allowing for more existing cars to be competitive than a practical construction based rule. As I've done most of the cutting and stitching already I'm past it, but it is a PITA. I've followed Crusty Nova's approach and talked with Shawn at DW '14 about his decision to add the additional bars and get the 7.50 cert. Once you're knocking on 8.49 or better the racer''s urge to go faster kicks in. With luck we'll be looking at that decision too once we get around to dialing the spray. In the mean time I need to finish the car as all this is academic otherwise.
                            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• First off, welcome to the insanity of Drag Week Kevin. I too drive my old truck everyday and do not have the funds to do what I want/need to do in order to get in the top 32. If I had run the numbers I now run back in 2012, I would have made the top 32 with spaces to spare, but this ain't 2012. I plan on working towards my goal of a 10 second, drive every day, old truck. I need a bar and bottle (which are in my plans) but if that doesn't happen before 2015, I will still be there (assuming I get registered).

I too would love to be in the elite group, but until then, I'll just plug away doing the best I can, with what I got.
                              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

• oem floors = Street car, sheet metal floors = race car

I dont have a dog in the fight so will leave now
                                http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                                1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                                ​​​​​​

Comment

Working...
                                X