• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
    Doesnt matter anymore.. 68scott385 was nice enough
    to put it on here...
    thanks to him
    Yep, thanks Scott... hopefully HRM will publish the final rules in PDF.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post

Yep, thanks Scott... hopefully HRM will publish the final rules in PDF.
      This is the first time I couldnt open a HRM link.... I hope they do
      it in a PDF format for the final rules

Comment

Yup, but now you know.
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

this just in....

"We'll be changing the tire rule back to allow slicks and DOT-legal slicks
          like the ET Street. You're free to share that info with whomever you like.

Thanks for taking the time to drop us an email. If you have friends who
          also have input on the proposed rules, please remind them to email us at
          [email protected].

DF"

Comment

I would like to see the least modified class to be more like the old NHRA stock class but of course modifications allowed. Something like an 8" wheel max with a small 8" or so width rear tire. Stock based suspension with traction device. Single carb , no Dominators. Big and Small Blocks and NA/PA classes. No hood scoop.

Next up SS type class with a max tire size , back hafted type cars, again production type front end ,Single/ Multiple Carbs. All engine classes

Modified Production Class Unlimited rear tire but still a back halfed class Any Transmission including LENCO,front suspension mods allowed to fit none stock Exotic type engines (SOHC,426 HEMI, Etc.) All engine classes

Some kind of limited tube frame class

Unlimited = 4 wheels and safe.

Daily driver is what ever it is (truthfully me one day) but.... 2 sessions or less (lol) 3 back to back passes no hood opening ALL RUNS averaged for that days time. If a second session is opened and the driver chooses to run in it all previous times are forfitted . Back to back could have cars in impound type condition between runs. Tire pressure adjustments allowed,leak check allowed under supervision.

Comment

So.. am I reading it right? If you have coil over rear susp, and it was an original leaf. (my 53) its in DD, or unlimited.....
              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

The feeling I am getting is that Hot Rod is not real interested in catering to the sub-11.50 cars. If a slew of 10.00-11.49 cars bail from the other classes into DD that's totally fine with them. In fact that is what DF said in his email response to me. It's rough because there are many DW regulars that run DD and are limited by not having a bar the car. The lower ET cutoff will certainly drop the average you need to run to make the top 32 quite a bit. Maybe even below 11.49.

I get their point of view though. DW is about finding the fastest street cars in America, and not about making a zillion classes so everyone has a shot at winning something.

I'm just glad they are dropping the "drag radial only" garbage. That was a bit ridiculous and wish I knew what promoted that proposed rule.
                Last edited by BBR; October 16, 2014, 11:32 AM.
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I received the following email back from Dave Freiburger regarding the wheel restriction in super street ... "Our intent for Super Street was 12.5. The 10.5 was a typo. But we may go back to no wheel restriction, as most of the input we've had so far wants us to go back to a max-width rule for the tread, and that's all."

I had emailed them petitioning this change on the basis that many small tire / balk halved cars were set up for and could only run 12" rims and that in extreme radial / true 10.5 classes this was standard. That rule and the elimination of radials in pro-street put many radial / TT5 cars that previously would have ran modified in limbo. So for what its worth modified cars still have a place to go ...
                  Last edited by Lou; October 16, 2014, 09:35 AM.

Comment

I'm curious if the Drag Radial rule came about for a couple of reasons.
                    1) To keep things fresh. Right or wrong, there would be quite a few guys that would have to put some effort in to making a DR work. I thought the original intention of this event was for guys that already had fast cars to bring them out and make them survive. Now that there are a bunch of purpose built cars, how do you shake things up a little?

2) Potential no trailer rule. If everyone used a drag radial for one event and things went OK, it would open up the possibility of running one pair of tires. If a guy could win the whole thing 5 times that way....it can't be out of the realm of possibility for others to do so?

Comment

• Man I hope the rules don't change as much as advertised.

DF, and the Hotrod staff have been extremely busy in the last few days. He has answered tons of emails, optimistically speaking I hope valued input is taken and they fix the problems and leave what works!!!

We will be there regardless........and hope I don't have to take the blower off to run DD!! LOL!!

Comment

• Originally posted by JWS4621 View Post
                        WHEELS AND TIRES
                        •On the dragstrip, Street Race cars must use D.O.T.-marked drag radials with a metric section width no greater than 325 as designated by the manufacturer on the sidewall.

This is on the Street race classes. No et streets or bias slicks? That is not cool.

Heck...wouldn't that prohibit McCreary Road Stars ?! I recall they are bias-belted.
                        John
                        2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                        Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                        Couldn't make 2013

Comment

• Well...a strict reading of the rules would seem to indicate that a 4th-generation F-body would not be permitted in Super Street or Street Race...or anything but "Unlimited", actually! I';m reasonably sure that is not the case, but considering that, I truly wonder how well the rules were thought through.

And hmm...it looks like my wife's car will fit nicely into "street race". On the off chance we manage to register, I hope we can run!
                          John
                          2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                          Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                          Couldn't make 2013

Comment

• Guess I've been away awhile as I am catching up on these rule discussions. I've read many opinions recently and tend to agree with much of what is said on tire restrictions and classification changes. Since it's the class I've been in for the last 3 years I first looked at Pro Street. I see what folks are saying about PS becoming the all steel unlimited fall back class. Naturally the change in the floor rule comes after I already cut out my flat floors and prepped OEM replacement sheetmetal. Doh! For me, it appears I can now hack out my shock towers to make room for the 521 I've started collecting parts for but I'll also have to add weight back with a metal trunk lid. The power adder guys will likely see the heavier competition but the change means there should be some cool N/A tube cars coming in with 500 - 1000 pounds less weight and trick front suspension. That still leaves me non-competitive as I'll be lucky to see 9's with the 521.

hmmm, maybe I'll start working on gassin' out my '62 Lark wagon. That could be fun...

In any case, it's DW and should still be a blast to attend so regardless of how the rules turn out, I'll figure out a way to go back. I still enjoy bracket racing so can always slide back to DD like 2009.

Racingcritters...does this mean you can now bring the tube 57 with the Boss-9 engine?
                            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

• If HRM outlaws trailers in unlimited, I'd be fine with that but they also need to outlaw "trailers and tow rigs openly supporting unlimited cars regardless if they're competitive or not." This year was beyond ridiculous if you took at least a few minutes to take your eyes off Larry's truck. Lord knows the other guys were apparently not being watched, ever.
                              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• I agree DG, hope this helps care of that.

"The biggest change in procedures is the way we’re going to handle Impound. From now on, any car that runs 8.50 or quicker at any point during Drag Week will be required to report to Impound every day, and in Impound, only the driver, the passenger, and the other racers in Impound are allowed to work on the car. Period. Not only that, but racers need to declare their passenger during registration. Why? Because the amount of pre-planned “team” efforts has gotten out of control. Drag Week rules have always tried to encourage camaraderie and racers helping each other, but there’s no way to police rules that establish “intent” and there are too many ways to dance around it. So now it’s black and white."
                                Last edited by nesabo; October 25, 2014, 11:59 AM.
                                Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X