No announcement yet.

Solid mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Moroso solid engine mounts with a fabricated torque link, poly trans mount. It's no Cadillac, but really, no noticeable engine vibrations either. Guess I'm used to that kind of stuff LOL
    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

getting poly and adding a torque link. Might need it (I hope) just scored a dominator and big tubed hookers. (I feel so bad talking dirty)

Thanks guys.
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

When you say big tube- how big are you talking, Jesse? I might be interested to see if they will fit my 65 too.
        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I guess I should of said bigger than I have. Got Hooker 2841-3HKR Dark Side with 2" primaries and 3 1/2" collector. (Scratch and dent from Holley's e-bay store) Only a small scuff under one of the primaries was all I could find. I have been over my head with a bunch of issues and plan to get all this on in a couple of weeks.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

[QUOTE=STINEY;n972622]The chassis will react quicker with solid mounts.

I like squirrels' method....best compromise.

Solids will transmit more noise and vibration, but most of us will not even notice. Probably enjoy that extra noise/movement more than be annoyed by it. The OEM do their best to keep that stuff to a minimum so Grandma is happy with her purchase.

My solids in the Cadistang. Affordillac engineering on parade.

I agree... I run front and mid motor plates on my rod and cant
            tell its a solid mount engine... if the engine has been balanced
            it should be far better than the factory balance and no where
            near as bad

Comment

Working...
            X