No announcement yet.

DRAG WEEK 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got to admit. I pouted when hotrod announced the 2014 tracks cause I thought it was heading back my way. At first I wasn't gonna go cause Tulsa was too far from Perrysburg Ohio. But after going and seeing how absolutely cool that trip was I'll go wherever hotrod takes us! To be honest, (anyone that lives near me don't bite my head off) I'd be alittle bummed if it wasn't further away from where I live next year!

Comment

Wherever it is, I hope it isn't where it was this year! One of the few states I've not been to in this country was Kansass and Oklahoma, and if I never go back, I won't shed a tear! That has to be a couple of the biggest shithole states in this country, no wonder you never hear anything about them, unless they get tore up by tornadoes. I drove for 5 days, and 1100 miles, didn't see anything worth seeing, and not too many times did I get outta the car when the wind wasn't blowing, I asked some locals about that, and they said it actually wasn't very windy, I was like, WTF!??!?!

Anyhow, it's all a long drive for me, but I would love it if they went back to the upper midwest again, lots of beautiful country, and generally a lot cooler. They are not gonna put us on any K-rail, shitty tracks I would figure, not with low 6, and potential 5 second rides. I say screw that K-rail, that shit kills people and cars, you can never get outta it easy when hitting that shit, and most of it that's still around is poorly maintained, and in real bad shape.

Comment

Damn Eddie, you only drive 1100 miles... It took me nearly 3000 for the week!

Comment

What did you want to see Ed.The route didn't go far enough west for you to see big feedlots? Maybe next time.
          Last edited by ksj2; October 4, 2014, 05:47 PM.

Comment

I kinda like oil country it's easy to find someone to weld up your broken junk late at night
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Cordova Dragway Park, Cordova, IL; Tri state at Earlville, IA; Great Lakes Dragway at Union Grove, WI; Cedar Falls Raceway, Cedar Falls, IA. Now that would be an awesome route!

Comment

Sounds close to 07.That was a good route.Wont happen.Too many cornfields for Ed to have to look at.Its all about Ed.LOL.DW needs to happen a week earlier or later when hes not on his period.

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                  I kinda like oil country it's easy to find someone to weld up your broken junk late at night

lol
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Don, the main reason it was windy when Ed got outa the car, was all his lip flappin!!

the route isn't as scenic as so many other places though, I'll agree with him there!!
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

This was much better than 2011.Ed wouldn't no he didn't go and Doc waited for him. LOL.

Comment

some of it was mind-numbingly boring, but on a whole, it wasn't that bad... the funny thing was all those little town we drove through all looked like the same town.
                        Some time on Route 66 was cool, and one of the sights I remember from one of those little towns was a 2 lane bowling alley, right on Main street. (wish I would have snapped a pic of it)
                        DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                        DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                        DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                        DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by ksj2 View Post
                          This was much better than 2011.Ed wouldn't no he didn't go and Doc waited for him. LOL.
                          That was 2012.. I more than made up for it the next year, though. :-) It was best for Doc that I didn't show up in 2012, saved him the beating, and he got to do his cute little jacket deal during the awards ceremony.

Comment

Well wherever it will be I sure would like to see the rules that were to come out the week after 2014s completion!

Comment

Rules will be handed out at the Friday night awards ceremony. (too bad we did not have a Friday night ceremony)
                              Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Best part of this year's route was the number of people in each town that were watching everyone come by. That was pretty cool. Scenery doesn't really matter to me. I'm always too busy looking at water temp, oil pressure and the route sheet to notice much scenery. Besides, it all looks the same in the dark anyway.
                                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

Working...
                                X