Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one year(09 or 10) was a pretty drive going to PA
    from MI ... once we got through the tornado in Ohio and
    the down pour there... that was a LONG drive that day..
    sure wish we would have started out earlier but Milan was
    playing games that day not drying the track
    EDIT
    or go back to the north area like in one of the early years..
    heard that was a pretty run
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; October 1, 2014, 07:24 AM.

Comment

I think that four of the greatest tracks that we have been to Indianapolis Raceway, US 131 Martin Mi, Summit Motorsports Park Norwalk Oh, National Trail Raceway Hebron Oh. would be excellent choices for the ET and Speeds that DW is trying to accomplish. Cordova would be another good choice.
      Last edited by Chad's Dad; October 1, 2014, 08:25 AM.

Comment

With all the hoopla about the work happening at Dragway 42 in West Salem I'm betting it is already locked in.
        Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

That would be awesome, Stiney!!. Hope they can get the track done.
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I'd love to see it come back east but im a little biased on that one...
            -Jeff
            Street car with a 5 speed, 427ci SBF 9.86 at 136mph
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GKQ2xpZraU
            I survived Drag Week 2013

Comment

So many cool tracks on the east coast also. I'd love to see something in the Georgia/Florida area, Or in the North East. Only problem up here is traffic congestion etc. in the D.C./Virgina area.
              Frank
              --------
              64 Chevy II - Twin turbo 402 LS
              67 Chevy II Wagon - Project

Comment

I would love to see a Bristol or Z-Max route.

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                  OK, how about Gateway - Bowling Green - Columbus - Indy - Gateway a total of 1,103 miles and yes I know that's probably too easy but it would be fun to go back and revisit 3 of the original 2005 Strips.
                  I second that!!! I Like BG and Gateway. Bowling Green then hit some east coast tracks would be fun.

Comment

Picking the tracks is becoming much more about finding a place that wants to work with Hot Rod and the event, and less about the geographical location. Tulsa in 2011 was a disaster, skeleton crew, no lane help etc., Tulsa in 2012/2014 was much better because the new management are racers who actually value the event. Very few tracks I've been to would have put in the effort to get the Friday night DD bracket race in for a track rental. As the number of entries continues to grow, it also makes it difficult to visit some of the smaller facilities. I don't envy those trying to set up the route one bit, and thank them for their effort.

One of the charming things about Mo-Kan is that not only is the shut-down short, but it narrows down to one lane as you get to the end of it! I love my little brother's story about the time he bracket raced there with his drum braked AMX running 9.70's. He raced a 9.0 second front engine dragster, who went around him at the stripe, then pulled in front of him and dropped the laundry! He said it was the scariest 3 seconds of his life, with both feet on the brake pedal, and his entire windshield covered with a bright yellow parachute!

Comment

My first pass at Mokan in my Dads car was againt another 10 second car. As soon as we hit the stripe he disapeared, I instantly figured out why and really appreciated the Strange disc brakes on my Dad's car LOL.
                      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

We can all guess where Drag Week 2015 will be, but do we know when it will be? I would guess Sept 7-11 or does it start the second Monday in Sept.?
                        Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                        Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

I would say it will be the 14th, sept 7 is Labor day. doubt they would start it on a holiday.
                          Neal

Comment

Originally posted by nesabo View Post
                            I would say it will be the 14th, sept 7 is Labor day. doubt they would start it on a holiday.
                            PowerTour starts the first Saturday AFTER Memorial Day so it wouldn't be hard to imagine that Drag week would start the first Monday AFTER Labor Day.
                            But hey, let's not assume that there is either rhyme nor reason to the scheduling.

Comment

I believe it has always been the first full week after labor day.
                              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

I put in for a week off the week after labor day, I can move it, but have not had to.
                                Neal

Comment

Working...
                                X