DRAG WEEK 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRAG WEEK 2015

OK guys... what is the speculation on where Drag Week 2015 will be???

Wonder if St Louis will get another shot at being the Start/End.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Noble OK, Denver, Great Bend, Tulsa, Noble. No idea how plausible that is but I think the trek to Mile High would be a fun test.

Nevermind, 10hrs from noble to denver LOL I'm out.
      Last edited by BlueCuda340; September 30, 2014, 12:33 PM.
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Jeez it took my son and I 10 hours to get from Noble to Great Bend!

Comment

BG- Memphis- MoKan- St Louis -OR,
          Houston- Dallas- Shreveport- Nobile
          Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

OK, how about Gateway - Bowling Green - Columbus - Indy - Gateway a total of 1,103 miles and yes I know that's probably too easy but it would be fun to go back and revisit 3 of the original 2005 Strips.
            sigpic

Just an Old Drag Racer that still has dreams of going fast!

Comment

I bet that was the plan this last year until something fell through. I would love to see drag week visit mokan but not sure how it would go over. It's a metal guardrail track with a short short shutdown. Usually prepped very well and very well run. I think the amazing AC equipped super street car crusty nova has been well into the 8s there.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy View Post
                OK, how about Gateway - Bowling Green - Columbus - Indy - Gateway a total of 1,103 miles and yes I know that's probably too easy but it would be fun to go back and revisit 3 of the original 2005 Strips.
                I like this idea.

Comment

I don't know about MoKan... Ive run there before... Nearly 20 years ago now. Went low 7's @ 180+ if I remember correctly it was quite exciting...

Comment

ive run mokan,the shut down is pretty short...

Comment

Kansas International Dragway (Wichita) is decent, but they'll surely move it further away for a year or two. Bandimere Raceway Julesburg Dragstrip Douglas Motorsports Park Pueblo Motorsports Park or possibly sub in Nebraska Motorplex in Scribner

Comment

Scribner is closed I hear but there is a track in Kearney.

Comment

I have never raced at MoKan, but as someone had mentioned, I know the Crusty Nova has run there so I assumed it to be a good strip. John- 7's on a Top Fuel Harley has to be exciting anywhere.

They mentioned on the live feed one day that they had hoped to announce the tracks for next year at the awards deal but that a couple of the tracks they had hoped to use would not cooperate. There is a finite number of tracks in the mid west that can handle a 6 second run. And since this event is about turning numbers and not about being able to get down any old track, I don't see them using an iffy track.
                          Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

sigh.....we'll never be going back to Amarillo....
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                              sigh.....we'll never be going back to Amarillo....
                              I don't know - seems like a glass company sponsor might be able to make it happen

Comment

Working...
                              X