Drag week trailers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag week trailers

Not sure if this is already a post or not. If so shoot me a link to the topic. If not post up pics of your drag week trailer.

There are quite a few trailer threads but.

Comment

I plan on building a purpose built trailer before next year!

Comment

Here's mine
        Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; September 30, 2014, 08:22 PM.
        Drag Week 2014 Daily Driver 11.65 avg (no cage)

Comment

What free picture places do you guys use to hold your
          pictures.... I guess thats the only way to post pics on here
          now days... I guess you cant pull them off your computer
          any more
          thanks

Comment

Attached Files
            Last edited by 68scott385; September 30, 2014, 11:33 PM.
            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
              What free picture places do you guys use to hold your
              pictures.... I guess thats the only way to post pics on here
              now days... I guess you cant pull them off your computer
              any more
              thanks
              Scott's description above should work ... but to answer the question, I use Photobucket. It's ad heavy, but pretty straight forward. They have some stupid wiggling ad these days about "Your viewer is out of date" that you can ignore. Once your picture is up there you can copy and paste it into your post here.
              Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Since this photo I lowered its height and added aluminum boxes on each side. Seemed like it caught too much wind at 50mph plus. Also shortened hitch and moved trailer axle forward.
                Last edited by BlackGTO; October 1, 2014, 05:33 AM.
                First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                Second place SSBBNA 2016
                Third place SSBBNA 2017
                Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

HFT trailer. I added sides made from a pallet in 2012. This year I modified the black box to open in the front. Then I added the fold-down front gate/work table, tire rack and bike mounts. It worked awesomely what little I got to use it.

Last edited by BBR; October 1, 2014, 06:09 AM.
                  Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                  1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                  1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                  1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                  1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                  1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

This is what I built this spring... I built it with a
                    slide out so things are easier to get at... all water tight
                    EDIT
                    All the specs on my trailer are for a purpose... the total
                    length is 1" shorter than the height of my big trailer that
                    I haul the car and trailer in(I stand this little trailer up on
                    end to take up less room).. the height of the alum box is
                    just high enough to put 2 rims/tires on top of the tool box..
                    the length of the tongue is just long enough so if I jack knife
                    backing up the box cant get into the 1/4 panel... I have a vise
                    that pins in the spare tire mount.... the rear lighted center bar
                    flips over and slides back in so the trailer wont tip up when open
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by MR P-BODY; October 1, 2014, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Well thought I would post my part time trailer project for drag week. After 2014 DW the trailer we had was a little big and heavy and took up lots of room in the car trailer. Found Lowe's sells a 3.5'x5' trailer that will fit in back of the pickup unbolting the tongue and only weighs couple hundred pounds. Cut out all the expanded metal and making an aluminum storage box that should hold all the parts and beer. Just need to make a lid and ready to go. Now just need to finish the car but there still time.

Comment

Now that I have learned how to post pics... this is what I built
                        for DW.. I built it this size for a purpose.. I had to have it fit in
                        my big trailer... I was gonna stand it on end in the trailer but
                        I think I can get around that... but it has a slide out so I can get
                        to the junk in it ... I have added a few things to it.. on the back
                        corner I have a couple of rings that a umbrella mounts in for
                        some shade(patio table umbrella) and I added a vise that
                        drops into the spare tire mount in front.. I can carry 2 tires
                        on the top of the box thats mounted in it.. but not sure if
                        I will carry a second set of tires... that third light slides out
                        and flips over to brace the slide out..then just crank up the
                        landing leg to stabilize the whole thing
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	001.JPG
Views:	1503
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	1105522 Click image for larger version

Name:	002.JPG
Views:	1565
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	1105523 Click image for larger version

Name:	003.JPG
Views:	1514
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	1105524
                        Last edited by MR P-BODY; May 27, 2016, 07:11 AM.

Comment

On my trailer I upgraded the wheel/tire set up to 12" having seen a few folks have issues with the little tires at sustained speed with a heavier load. I really like your work surface and the shade provisions. We bought a pop up one year and only used it at TNT. During one of the heavy rain years we learned that weather sealing is an issue.
                          Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
                            On my trailer I upgraded the wheel/tire set up to 12" having seen a few folks have issues with the little tires at sustained speed with a heavier load. I really like your work surface and the shade provisions. We bought a pop up one year and only used it at TNT. During one of the heavy rain years we learned that weather sealing is an issue.
                            I sealed that whole thing TIGHT... I will most likely have everything
                            in there.. including my clothes .. so I wanted it tight.. and yes I went
                            with 12" wheels/tires.. I have been loading it with what I want to take
                            so I can get a idea of loading it and unloading... quickly... I have it
                            down pretty good now

Comment

Working...
                            X