Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was the quickest car at Drag Week 2014 without sponsors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was the quickest car at Drag Week 2014 without sponsors?

Again a lot of insider info required so I'm DQ'ed. But interesting to consider. Even Iron Man Squirrel could be considered sponsored next year if he uses his free Gear Vendor. A business owner whose income has flourished because of his Drag Week successes could be considered self-sponsored. See how complicated it gets if you try for "fair"? But can't too many sponsorships hurt Drag Week? Is it possible to add a rule for that?
    My hobby is needing a hobby.

Dude, you smokin' some good shit! Make a rule to limit/eliminate sponsorships?? lol

Comment

But if my Unlimited car I paid for out of pocket gets beat by someone who spent less don't I deserve something for my butt-hurt?
      Last edited by RockJustRock; September 22, 2014, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
        But if my Unlimited car I paid for out of pocket gets beat by someone who spent less don't I deserve something for my butt-hurt?

I want what Doug Cline is drinking! That dude is a badass! and didnt need big trailer a crew to work on his car

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	424253_518826768133818_969947028_n.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	970325And did Larson Race Cars charge him full ticket on his chassis?
          Last edited by RockJustRock; September 22, 2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Doug sold his other DW Camaro and a few restored 69 Camaro's to finance the car Larry built.Friends or not Doug knew Larry has a business to run.If he got a break it probly wasn't much.

Comment

and his turbos?

Comment

Ask him.Thats splitting hairs.Could have been "buy a pair of twins and get a fender cover".Guess if your local parts store that you have been buying parts from for years and knows about DW and gives you a case of oil that's sponsorship.

Comment

Actually the sponsor thing isn't a big issue YET. I simply started this thread as a pre-emptive strike against future whiners. Dittos on the engine one.

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                    Again a lot of insider info required so I'm DQ'ed. But interesting to consider. Even Iron Man Squirrel could be considered sponsored next year if he uses his free Gear Vendor. A business owner whose income has flourished because of his Drag Week successes could be considered self-sponsored. See how complicated it gets if you try for "fair"? But can't too many sponsorships hurt Drag Week? Is it possible to add a rule for that?
                    Let me get this straight, you win a raffle and you are automatically considered sponsored? If I won a random raffle for a $100 Shell gas card, does that make me randomly sponsored by Shell??
                    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

I won $100 gift card for Amazon, I used it towards a disc brake kit for my '69 Firebird, so when it makes Drag Week, its a sponsored car? I need better sponsors!
                      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

They are amongst us Randall.

Comment

DQ'ed again, I wasn't at the banquet to know that. I thought it was another type of award like that Mr. Congeniality one. I need to clarify, I'm not well enough informed to matter, but I take the pro sponsors are O.K. stance. I expect LL haters sooner or later to be Anti. But it's been a fun thread anyway, right? Fun to watch?

Comment

All of us wear the Gear Vendors sponsorship decal on Drag Week....
                            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

And a decal from Rocket Fuels.

Comment

Working...
                              X