2015 rule updates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 rule updates?

When will the 2015 rule changes be announced now or later?

Soon. Which means, any day now. Might be this week. Or it might not. We'll see
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I'm chomping at the bit. Can't do anything to my car until the rules are done...

Comment

well...not necessarily....you could build it with the wrong parts yet again! Yeah, waiting is better.
        My fabulous web page

Comment

Only DF knows for sure... ;)
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

They did announce, shortly before the 2014 event kicked off, that Unlimited woulkd remain Unlimited.
            Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

Originally posted by CDMBill View Post
              They did announce, shortly before the 2014 event kicked off, that Unlimited woulkd remain Unlimited.
              Well if thats the case I will still be able to go into unlimited next year... BUT
              be slow at it... but thats ok

Comment

I believe I heard DF say they would post the proposed rules in a couple weeks then take some feedback before finalizing the 2015 rules.
                Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

I thought he said he would try to get the new rules out this week for review, and finalize them in a couple weeks. But I think your version probably is more realistic!
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

My comments, of course, will be mostly the same as in prior years . . . and will be generally disregarded . . .

1. No decal/lettering ban

2. Legalize 13' camping trailers used primarily for camping

3. Allow 385-series Ford engines in Gasser/AFX (oh no, here we go again (no need for Squirrel to post his dissent, we all already know the pros and cons) . . . of course that rule change wouldn't affect me because I've already cast my lot with the 1980s and have spent all my race car coin)

4. Create a "Production Unlimited" class for tube-frame, mostly steel body production-based vehicles

5. Split Daily Driver into two classes: 11.49-10.00 and "no bar" (11.50 and up) OR expand the bracket race one round to 64 cars. (the shootout proves they can run a race with more than 32)

6. Reserve 25-50 entry spots for a pre-DW "race-in"

7. Get rid of the no coolers aft of the firewall rule in Street Race

8.. Allow vehicles manufactured before 1928 in Hot Rod

9. Award for Quickest Flathead

10. Allow '67 and older foreign cars other than Anglias in Gasser/.AFX (holding out hope that someone will show up with an MG TD or Morgan done up in the high and mighty style . . . or maybe a Thames or a Corsair Capri . . ...)

11. Make some sort of end-of-the-event race a permanent feature (perhaps tweak the shootout a bit so that there's not so many huge mismatches . . . )
                    Last edited by 38P; September 18, 2014, 06:49 AM.

Comment

Now for my really radical proposal that "insiders" will really hate:

A DRAG WEEK ALTERNATES PROGRAM

The attrition of fifty of so cars (probably half or so on the first couple of days), the fun runs by the ZZ-class cars, and all the people who were touring with the competitors in quick cars that just didn't make it into the show made me wonder why not do something like this: .

1. Allow a limited number of alternates to pay a big, non-refundable late registration fee and go through tech (after regular tech, of course), and obtain a number with an "x" or "z" suffix after the class designation to designate alternate status. (example An alternate unlimited car would be something like "351AX" or "351AZ"

2. Allow the alternates to make one pass per track either after the three regular sessions or during lulls in the main session (the tracks could be kept open a little longer without all the Hot Rod toter home and scoring people there, IMO because locals operate them and they presumably rent the tracks for the whole day)

3. As cars drop out, permit the quickest alternate who presents time slips from every previous track to join the field as a full competitor, thus replenishing the field and allowing for greater participation.

4. All other rules would apply to the alternates, except that they wouldn't have to show their checkpoint photos until they are called up to the main field and have to prove up eligibility (i.e. that they had made passes at the prior tracks and driven the route).

Comment

It's been my experience that a thinner rule book = more fun
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Compared to the NHRA's rule book , DW's looks like a refuge from Biafra (kids, that was a super-old guy reference from the Squirrel/38P childhood era)

Comment

If they are making passes at each track they may as well be competitors. The reasoning for the field cap is to ensure the whole field can run down the track. They did very well this year BUT as Brian cautioned several times on the mic, there was not any major oil downs or wrecks causing significant time delays. Rain was the only delay. Two major oil downs a day and times get really screwed with large number of cars. If they could reliably run 1,000 cars down the track from 8am to 2pm they probably would open registration up like that. Reliably is the problem as the odds will eventually catch up.

(I cringed every time Farron(sp?) ran down the track. Several times he got really squirrelly and I was just waiting for a wreck to happen and hear about how a non-competitor just delayed the runs for clean up. Same could of happened if he windowed the block and oil downed half the track. Awesome to let them run since they came so far, but at the same time really opens up the risk of delaying runs)
                            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                              Compared to the NHRA's rule book , DW's looks like a refuge from Biafra
                              which is probably why I'm on DW and not at NHRA meets
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X