Junk Yard Engine Replacement Exception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
    You cannot bring a separate engine with the intention of swapping it out. If you happen to junk an engine during the week, you are allowed to ah hoc go find one as a replacement and continue on. I'm pretty sure some guys a two or three years ago bought a complete Chevy 350 long block from Autozone*/or such after they windowed their block on competition and was completely within the rules to do so. Finding a local junkyard and pulling an engine would be within the rules as well.

*The Autozone I worked at in college kept a SBC and SBF wrapped in plastic on pallets as standard in store stock, so didn't surprise me at all they found one.

**To further add, there isn't any rule saying you couldn't swap your cam and heads to the "newly acquired" short block either.

are you thinking of the Aussie guys that bought the Chevelle, blew it up, swapped the motor at one of the dragstrips then followed along?
    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post

are you thinking of the Aussie guys that bought the Chevelle, blew it up, swapped the motor at one of the dragstrips then followed along?
      Thats who I'm thinking of... I believe it was 2010... they were DQd

Comment

I seem to recall it happening (again?) in 2011 or 2012, one of the years I attended.
        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Happened in 2012 with an AutoZone engine too. But I was so out of it (my transmission) I don't know if they finished or not.
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
          X