Video of our trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of our trip

Great video dude! I had the chills at the end!
    Last edited by Moms Car; September 16, 2014, 06:42 AM.

Comment

awesome
      Charles

Comment

Thanks guys! We had an awesome time!!

Comment

Pretty cool, for the whole first half I was thinking its a big block with nitrous, then I saw its a ls turbo. Nice
          Dragweek 2012 DNF in Dallas
          Dragweek 2013 Finished 3rd place modified N/A 10.53 @ 126
          Dragweek 2015 Finished tough trip 10.39 @ 131
          Fastest AMC 2013/ 2015

Comment

ok, watched your video a couple more times. ya gotta tell me which hood struts you used.
            Charles

Comment

Interesting that you ask. .. To calculate the force needed by each shock, I had two fish scales, the kind that go to 100 lbs and have a hook on one end and a handle on the other. We found a spot where I wanted to make the pivot point and we both lifted the hood. It took approx 80 lbs each to lift. I then went to http://www.autopartsbylou.com/ and found the length and approx force needed. I used 60 lb a piece struts and their hardware. I also welded in a strip of steel to reinforce the hood to keep it from buckling. Hope that helps

Comment

very cool idea!! I should have spent more time looking at your car in Topeka, dang it!!! this is my 49, but the wheels are black now Click image for larger version

Name:	greencardriverside.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	567.4 KB
ID:	968404
                Last edited by 1badmonkey; September 16, 2014, 06:58 PM.
                Charles

Comment

I have a bunch of pics on photobucket and can answer any questions..

Comment

Awesome vid. Very well done Sir!
                    http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Great video. Your car is different for sure- not a mustang. A friend of mine had a 54 back in high school that he painted school bus yellow. Don't do that.
                        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Just an awesome BelAir! I love 52-54 Chebbies and I love sleepers. So yours is a win-win. Loved how you kept all the original patina and charm. Way cool ride!

BTW, can you post a link to your photobucket page? I'd love to skim through the pics.
                          1968 Biscayne
                          406 / TH350 / 12-Bolt 3.42
                          13.17 @ 104mph.

Comment

Great video - thank you for sharing the trip with us. Extra cool you got to spend it with your Pop.
                            Phil / Omaha

Comment

I will get all the photos moved to one folder and post up a link tonight

Comment

Working...
                              X