Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is :Larson's Truck Really the Quickest Street Car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im on the fence about a lot of stuff that went on at DW.Not just whats been posted here on this topic but also other things I saw this year from others.The truck being a secret as long as it was is a testament to the respect LL has.When he needed help it was there.Its really not much different than the 07 Friday thrash at Cordova for Ev Bernado that there were 6 of us getting that car back together.Im pretty sure Larry would like to have had it to where it was just Chad and him getting the car ready like it was when he raced the Nova.Will that truck come driving in the back gate at HPT and enter Comp Eliminator like the Nova? I don't know but Id like to see him get the truck to be able to do that.There were other previous winners at DW that were thrashing by themselves.Wish some DragWeekers would have lent them a hand like they did LL.Main thing to remember is its DFs playground and its the best test out there so far.The more successful the event the more bitching there is.Not in my budget to get my car to even be a qualifier in DD these days.I still go because you never know whats going to show up and Ive made many a lifelong friend over the last 8 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
      IMHO people are just hating on all the attention Larry gets as a competitor and they don't. Look at it like this: [ATTACH=CONFIG]n970261[/ATTACH] Separate the rubberneckers and worshippers from the workers and it doesn't look nearly as bad. And again how do you think things should have been handled? Larry DQ'ed at Tulsa for being too Unlimited? Anti Larry being Too Unlimited rules for next year? I like that you want to build a car for Unlimited that will lose and still Blow Minds. Plus you could be lethal in the heads up shootout if you put in a little track testing and practice time and keep your turn around simple . Chad claims the S-10 missed his bye run (which it REALLY earned) because of communication problems and they have a plan to go all they way. Low E.T. of a round gets the bye next round and that was accomplished, I guess.

I like the picture. I keep hearing people mention Larry and "JOHN FORCE PIT CREW" but I never saw more than 2-3 people working on the truck during the event at a time. There were a few people that would have been able to REALLY help had they been allowed to. But no wristband, no help. Right up to the start of the event, it was "All hands on deck" and right after the event, the same. I was told of large groups of people working on other unlimiteds, but since I didn't see it with my own eyes - and reading some of what's being said here - I'm not taking it too seriously.

HRM tech (Finnegan) were communicating with us frequently. They let us know they were watching, and handled any concerns judiciously. I appreciate it when the tech police communicate openly like that (other events it doesn't work like that). Seemed to make the event go smoother. Besides thrashing so hard up to the event, this was actually my favorite drag week ever. Even better than the first!
      Last edited by dieselgeek; September 22, 2014, 09:19 PM.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

• Larry,Chad,Bill.Dustin,Paul and a few others whose names I cant recall off the top of my head on one of the days.They had a wrist band and that's all that matters.

Comment

• It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
          X