Winner Of The DD Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winner Of The DD Class

John Hindley Jr took the win in DD with Steve's Valiant that he bought(Steve was
    owner/driver that died last year on DW)
    EDIT
    Sort of a nice tribute to Steve's car.... Congrats to John
    Last edited by MR P-BODY; September 13, 2014, 06:37 AM.

Very cool tribute ...

Comment

Agreed, soooo cool. Steve's wife ought to be proud, the Gephart family (Moparbilly and family) ought to be proud and of course John Hindley Jr.

The top two there have fantastic stories and ended like a Disney movie. Pretty cool.

This is what the guy that came in second there posted on Facebook yesterday before the race last night. He's been racing without 2nd gear in his TH400 all week!!

My first ever dragweek experience so far. Left Perrysburg Ohio Saturday 7:00 pm, at 11:00 pm get off I-70 in Terre Haute Indiana to get gas and this idiot in front of me decides to slam on the brakes and stop at a green light. Yup I smoked his Toyota camry. Come to find out he has alcohol on his breath and doesn't want to call police but wants me to give him money to fix! In words that I won't repeat on here I basically said I'm not giving you a dime! Beat it! So as I'm watching him drive away in his limping car I turn to look at the puddle of brake fluid under my truck! So after frantically calling around every where trying to find brake lines! Nothing. So I run into walmart buy vice grips to try to pinch off but unsuccessful.

Dejected and sick to my stomach I look at the my car sitting on the trailer and say SCREW THIS! I've waited 5 years to run dragweek I'm not quitting yet! So I run back into walmart and get the stores 3rd shift managers blessing to leave my truck and uhaul trailer there until next Sunday. Run back out, back car off, load her up and I'm gone. Shortly after the elation of yeah I'm on the road it starts to set in that since getting this car done I've only driven it a couple very short trips. Over analyzing myself right into panic! But deep breath and relax. So I get just past St . Louis and oil pressure starts to fluctuate and drops 15lbs. Pull into autozone buy oil and filter change it in the parking lot and it comes back up. (Filter collapse, had that happen only one other time ever so why not on the way to dragweek)! Now I'm checking the time and with all the issues I'm now behind the 8 ball.

Hot Rod says 2:00 firm cutoff on registration! So after running 4100 to 4200 rpm for the last hour I make it threw the gate with 14 minutes to spare! So after getting registered and taking everthing in I didn't get to make any passes before they closed lanes so i bought into the 3 hour test&tune, and on the very first pass.....BROKE 2ND GEAR! Went back to the room after being up 39 hours straight and collapsed! And I'm not going to lie to you at that moment right before falling asleep I was physically and mentally broken and part of me wished I would have not unloaded it in Terre Haute.

Monday morning called my buddy at Coan trans and he told me exactly what the car was doing. So I done then right? (Which I felt sick even saying the words)! He said well if you go from 1st to 3rd it should live! So that's what I did ll week and I'm back at Tulsa and as of now in the top 32 in DD class! THIS HAS BEEN AMAZING!!!!!!!! I have met some of the coolest people ever! I could have never imagined it would be this fun! IM HOOKED FOR LIFE!
      (I broke it out into paragraphs)
      Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 13, 2014, 07:32 AM.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

What a cool story. Thanks for posting it!
        Chris - HRPT Long Haul 03, 04, 05, 13, 14, 15,16 & 18
        74 Nova Project
        66 Mustang GT Project

92 Camaro RS Convertible Project
        79 Chevy Truck Project
        1956 Cadillac Project

Comment

Working...
        X