The Race Has Already Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Race Has Already Started

Just came from Larry Larson's and Todd Maschmeier's shops. They are both in a controlled thrashing but both look like they will make it.

Larry's S-10 is beautiful and the motor sounded great. They were packing the trailer when I left.

Todd's new car was set aside and 'Ol Girl' (last year's car) is being prepared one last time for this year's run. Travis seemed ready to get with it. The '68 Camaro still has that 'mean' look to it.

Thanks for the update. Is the Chevy ll coming along for the ride?

Comment

Something about Todd's car is just mean, its been a favorite of mine since 2012 my first DW.

Seeing them roll in late in the day to Enis after ripping the suspension off the car then blasting out a 7.6 something was pretty amazing and everytime I see that car it reminds me of that.
      1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
      1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

The deuce was sitting outside all shiny beggin' to go. I'm not sure if it will be going or not, he was extremely busy and so I never bothered him.

Comment

Todd is a great Guy had a great story that happen in 2010... Broke down with a broken push rod on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere Todd pull up I ask do you have any push rods that are 8.750 he reach in the back seat and handed me 2 rods finish the week with his push rods
          Drag week 2009 Quickest street rod
          Drag week 2010 Quickest street rod

Comment

I seen Travis early this morning and then talked to him later. They were at Harrisonville, Mo and heading to Tulsa. Went by Larry's and it was all locked up and vehicles were all gone so I assume they made it on the road as well.

Comment

Hot Rod just posted that Larson showed up. Also, somewhat interestingly, the truck has never been down the track before....they're making the first run tonight.

Comment

Not trying to stir the pot and just really want to know out of curiosity. Has any of the OKC outlaws shown up and if so with what vehicles?

PSST Im rooting for Larry, missing the Nova but the truck seems to be a good replacement. And another year goes by and I am not there. Someday I will get my house work done and the financial stars will align for me. Doing the right thing sucks sometimes.

Since I will be at lame ass work all week. Can anyone point me in the direction of the live feed so I can at least listen and sneak in a little watching while at work.

Give us lots of updates fellas it makes the ones that aren't there live vicariously through you.
                Last edited by cal67ss396; September 7, 2014, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cal67ss396 View Post
                  Not trying to stir the pot and just really want to know out of curiosity. Has any of the OKC outlaws shown up and if so with what vehicles?

PSST Im rooting for Larry, missing the Nova but the truck seems to be a good replacement. And another year goes by and I am not there. Someday I will get my house work done and the financial stars will align for me. Doing the right thing sucks sometimes.

Since I will be at lame ass work all week. Can anyone point me in the direction of the live feed so I can at least listen and sneak in a little watching while at work.

Give us lots of updates fellas it makes the ones that aren't there live vicariously through you.
                  I was told Motor Trend will be running live feed

Comment

None of the regulars of Street Outlaws are her, but Tina Pierce is here with the S-10 she rolled in a previous episode.. Oh, and Jeff Lutz, too ;)
                    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by cal67ss396 View Post

. Can anyone point me in the direction of the live feed so I can at least listen and sneak in a little watching while at work.
                      MotorTrend is the ultimate destination for gearheads looking for the latest automotive research and news.
                      "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by AdvAutoBob View Post
                        None of the regulars of Street Outlaws are her, but Tina Pierce is here with the S-10 she rolled in a previous episode.. Oh, and Jeff Lutz, too ;)
                        OK that means this season was shot way early......because she stepped off the list because she found was about to have a baby............just an observation but they seem to try to put themselves in an all out win situation and drag week would put a kink in that chain......
                        That steely eyed look I had behind the wheel was me trying see..........

Comment

I was looking at some pictures of dragweek cars on the Bullet man there are some pretty spectacular cars attending this year. There are a couple of 66-67 Nova's that are just jaw dropping.

Comment

I'm at work and so hard to watch the live feed consistently, but never seen Travis come to the line or in staging lanes. So IDK....live event is over. Larry's last run fizzled, but at least he did get a run in and a time slip. Will post if I get any news though.

Comment

Travis ran right at the end, and had smoke come out the exhaust on one side half way down.... Larry got a 6.99 in on a "half" pass, but until a full pass hooks, that's pretty high up there in the race.
                              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Working...
                              X