Should Have Listened To Myself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Have Listened To Myself

Earlier I commented on another racers thread about them not going due to metal in the oil. I said "That is the reason I am not changing the oil in mine before I go." I decided to do just that before I loaded up and, you guessed it, found a pan full of metal. I have registered 4 times and made it once (last year). I guess better here than on the road in Kansas... Maybe next year.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

wow....bummer
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

BUMMER.... were you already registered

Comment

What kind of metal and how much? Piston skirts scuffing? Distributor gear? Might not be anything to worry about...
        Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
        Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Dammit! (in best Jack Bauer voice) That sucks
          DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
          DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
          DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
          DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

Damn Rusty that sucks!
            Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Damn.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

what they said.
                Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Mine looked like metallic brown paint.... But not slowing me down. I will run it till it breaks.... Then I will run it until it won't anymore

Comment

The metal was magnetic so it was steel. I already have the engine out and am about to tear it down completely. I am expecting a rod bearing. Wish I had caught this a couple of weeks ago. I was registered but I sent Hot Rod an email earlier. I was really hoping that I had screwed up and set the windage tray too close to the crank, but that is not it.

I had the engine out at Christmas because I was replacing the front end. I looked at the bearings then and they were fine. I guess somewhere in the testing and driving since then something went wrong.

Comment

Hurry up... You can still make it!!!

Comment

Not with the engine torn down to the bare block. On the bright side, the bearings and bottom end look almost new. The only damage I found was some soft push rod guides that have worn pretty bad. That must be where the metal is coming from. I will clean everything and inspect better on Monday. The down side is that this kept me out of DW.

It takes me a day or so to put an engine together, so not making it this year...

Comment

When life serves you oranges you make vodka...

Comment

Not good, we need more trucks............see ya next year.
                            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Working...
                            X