No "Big Chief" ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No "Big Chief" ?

> Big Chief from Street Outlaws is still signed up, but he’s out filming the show and won’t be at Drag Week.
    Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Just as I figured. It's in there home state and there all no shows.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

skeered

Comment

Tina (I think that is her name) who has been on the show is supposed to b there with her S10.
        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

I'm betting their producers would rather them not do drag week. Their producers probably scheduled it on purpose because contractual obligations always trump extracurricular activities.
          Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
          1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
          1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
          1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
          1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
          1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

You can bet that they will be there on Saturday... just cant magically
            run during the week
            edIt
            sure would look bad if they couldnt make the weeks run
            Last edited by MR P-BODY; September 5, 2014, 10:02 PM.

Comment

They might be there on Saturday but they won't be racing I am sure.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Yep, you have to complete Drag Week to be part of the show on Saturday.
                Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post
                  Yep, you have to complete Drag Week to be part of the show on Saturday.
                  Not in Freiburger's world. "Exhibition" runs have been made before... although nothing would be more humiliating than to get spanked in your fresh ride in your back yard by a car that's been run hard and put up wet all week. Contractual obligations will probably keep that from happening too. Pffffft.

Comment

Originally posted by Beagle View Post
                    > Big Chief from Street Outlaws is still signed up, but he’s out filming the show and won’t be at Drag Week.
                    Well if he has a contract and is getting payed you cant blame him

Comment

Not many play with cars and actually make money at it. I lose money on every deal, but as I've heard it said, I make up for it in quantity. Sure ain't makin money on Dragweek... just credibility on the whole "Street Car" bit.

I'm kinda bummin in reality. I'd have liked to have seen how it turned out in the real world... TV Drama sux.
                      Last edited by Beagle; September 6, 2014, 06:54 AM.

Comment

I am a little confused. Jeff Lutz is running but there will be no Crow. The Split Bumper and Monte are doing an appearance at a different track Saturday the 12th so how is this now a taping schedule problem. This sounds like a legal problem not a scheduling problem.
                        I love to watch the show, so don't lump me in with the haters, but it appears suspect when none of the "fastest street cars" in the country from OKC are going to run in their own backyard. I know Tina is running but she is a track racer who appeared on the show to bring in a little diversity. These guys have had a really good reputation for fast cars for the last 25-30 years here in the Midwest and now the producers (or lawyers) for that show have somewhat neutered them. What a bummer, I really wanted to see at least one of them run.

Comment

I dont watch the show(I dont care for it... all the drama BS) but have
                          ANY of them ever ran 1200 miles in a week... my bet is the sponsors
                          for the show said NOPE... no can do... mainly because it would be a
                          major bummer if they COULDNT finish the week ... remember they
                          are STREET racers.... but that doesnt say much if you cant drive the
                          street..... JMO

Comment

Working...
                          X