Packed - spares loaded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packed - spares loaded

We have 36 hours of driving ahead of us, so leaving in the early morning heading for northern WY, Day 2 should get us east of Denver, and hope to roll in late Sat afternoon.
    Bringing a 78 Cutlass slant back (buddies car) 455 olds efi, 4l80e + 12 bolt with new Strange axles... Its white with a roof rack full of race tires and gas cans.. so it see if on the side of the road ... all help accepted.

Marc, be sure and look me up on Sunday. I am on the waiting list and may not make the show.

Comment

Gary,

Will do. We're late - had an 10 hour delay - already wrenching with parts on order. Currently in Billings MT. The new axles pouched - burnt the axle bearing and seals. Hope to arrive late Sat.

Comment

Man, that's bad! That fastback Cutlass sounds super-cool . . . Hope you make it to TUL!

Comment

Originally posted by efi-diy View Post
          We have 36 hours of driving ahead of us, so leaving in the early morning heading for northern WY, Day 2 should get us east of Denver, and hope to roll in late Sat afternoon.
          Bringing a 78 Cutlass slant back (buddies car) 455 olds efi, 4l80e + 12 bolt with new Strange axles... Its white with a roof rack full of race tires and gas cans.. so it see if on the side of the road ... all help accepted.

Would you be willing to discuss some of the details of that efi'd 455? Not looking for any super secrets, just some savvy tech on keeping one together. Would also like to know what you did to mate the 4l80e to the BOP bell housing. When you have time of course. I'm starting to gather parts for my Olds 455 build, would like to do it right the first time.
          http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Gary,

Will do. We're late - had an 10 hour delay - already wrenching with parts on order. Currently in Billings MT. The new axles pouched - burnt the axle bearing and seals. Hope to arrive late Sat.
            That a max bummer... best of luck to ya

Comment

I'll throw this one over to the car owner....

Originally posted by 68scott385 View Post

Would you be willing to discuss some of the details of that efi'd 455? Not looking for any super secrets, just some savvy tech on keeping one together. Would also like to know what you did to mate the 4l80e to the BOP bell housing. When you have time of course. I'm starting to gather parts for my Olds 455 build, would like to do it right the first time.

Comment

No wrenching today, parts for the axles are waiting at the hotel in Tulsa, rest of the stuff we missed picking up at the border should be enroute from Summit.

Currently in West part of Kansas. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ 14 hours in the saddle today

Comment

480 miles to go...... We started out from Calgary AB Canada so made up a lot of distance at the expense of sleep...

Comment

480 miles to go...... We started out from Calgary AB Canada so made up a lot of distance at the expense of sleep...
                    Cool.... your just around the corner now.. good luck

Comment

Another delay this morning - flat tire but we're here

Comment

Working...
                      X