Clear All

• *sigh* I want to go.

Good times in my slow ride.

Escaped on a technicality.

I feel the same way Randal...
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Come on along for the ride! Hafta work? Sounds like you're coming down with something....cough, cough
      Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
      Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

on call till Monday morning, then a 15hr drive.
        Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

I felt your pain in 2012....that's why I'm the first guy who signed up this year! Click image for larger version

Name:	first.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	132.2 KB
ID:	964885
          Last edited by squirrel; September 3, 2014, 10:58 AM.
          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

INSIDER!

Comment

I should have followed along last year. I was in a slump when we went to BG. After seeing the cars and talking to a few people I came home and managed to get my slug self-mobile again. One year I will groupie DW and maybe if all the planets in all the galaxies align, I'll be able to participate one year.
              http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...n-block-wanted

http://www.bangshift.com/forum/showt...-Blue-Turd(le)

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                I felt your pain in 2012....that's why I'm the first guy who signed up this year! [ATTACH=CONFIG]n964885[/ATTACH]

Cut a perfect light!

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post
                  Come on along for the ride! Hafta work? Sounds like you're coming down with something....cough, cough

My boss is a gear head, I think I'd be found out =P That being said, if I happen to lose my job in the next three days, I would load up the Skylark and be on the road two hours later. =P I don't really want to lose my job, but if I did =P

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                    INSIDER!
                    wtf? I got the email with all the other guys who finished 1-2-3, and I happened to be on the ball, and signed up within an hour of getting the email. If I were an insider, I would not have been worried about it, and I would have taken my time.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

1. It was a joke (to be read in context of a couple of years of "insider" banter on this forum).

2. Isn't admitting that you got a "head start" e-mail about a week before the 8-minute "land-run" fiasco the rest of us outsiders had to get through essentially an ADMISSION THAT YOU'RE AN INSIDER!

BTW, didn't Eddie Miller mention something about Gasser/AFX being a "soft class"? . . . or not . . .
                      Last edited by 38P; September 3, 2014, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I'm with ya Randal. I'm still taking the vacation time off to work on my junk and will have the live feed playing in the shop.
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Dignlif View Post
                          I'm with ya Randal. I'm still taking the vacation time off to work on my junk and will have the live feed playing in the shop.
                          Nice! I did that in 2009 and 2010, then finally went in 2011. This year I'll be at my desk at work Monday through Thursday hoping meetings don't pull me away from my desk until the live feed is over. The time change is going to be a bit rough, I think they'll be starting about the time I start work and I have two meetings for the first hour.....

(and didn't you take the picture of my car parked next to Larson's?)
                          Last edited by TheSilverBuick; September 3, 2014, 03:21 PM.

Comment

I wish I could go. Going to go light $2 on fire, errr buy a lotto ticket. I think winning would be the only way I could make it this year.
                            http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...-consolidation
                            1.54, 7.31 @ 94.14, 11.43 @ 118.95

PB 60' 1.49
                            ​​​​​​

Comment

I feel your pain. I did participate in 2005-6 and had a blast. Just 13 second cars both times, but to be able to run the 1/4 5 days in a row, and watch the big boys go at it = priceless. Sigh. I feel your pain.
                              Jim T
                              Supercar Collectibles
                              www.Supercar1.com

Comment

Working...
                              X