Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who besides me doing first testing in Tulsa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last time I went to test, I blew up the 12 bolt. Have not been back since then. Sure hope the new 9" holds together.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

New job, so much call in and overtime so no track time for game plan vehicle #1 (green truck). Backup plan (Vette) was sliding down track sideways running 111 at the local 1/8 mile on gate springs. So im hoping im good to go

Comment

I just saw the crank walking around on mine after an oil change. For whatever reason the thrust is gone, I can move the crank forwards and back-words about 1/4 inch with a pry bar....broke!

I'll toss a parts store crank kit in it if I have to lol I'll know saturday how ugly it is.
        Last edited by BlueCuda340; August 28, 2014, 08:20 PM.
        1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
        1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
          I just saw the crank walking around on mine after an oil change. For whatever reason the thrust is gone, I can move the crank forwards and back-words about 1/4 inch with a pry bar....broke! I'll toss a parts store crank kit in it if I have to lol I'll know saturday how ugly it is.
          As long as the starter will keep engaging it might make it. I had a thrust so worn on a 350 Chevy in a work truck the flywheel would walk away from the starter bendix when cranking it. It would take 3 or 4 tries to start it some times. Drove that thing for 3 years like that. But it wasn't a race car.
          78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

I am curious as to what caused it. Its pretty fresh, one drag week and maybe 500-1000 miles additional on a fresh line hone, reground crank, and bearings. I know the converter isn't ballooned because I can move the crank around no problem.

So to stay on topic, I will be testing in Tulsa next weekend, hopefully on the 5th, if not at the sunday TNT.

Comment

If that thrust is gone and you can move it that far, there is probably so much metal in the piston skirts and everywhere else that you're looking at a full rebuild. Hopefully, I'm wrong and good luck, I hope you make it.
              I'll be first testing in Tulsa as well.

Comment

Oddly enough no metal in the oil. Maybe it went away early after the refresh and I just noticed it? Who knows, doing my best to be there.

The good news is this is no high dollar build by any means. Its got ugly bores, cheap pistons, and I threw some scat I beam rods in there because I was scared of the stock ones. I was just in the top end to change the lifters and everything from that view looked excellent.

I am totally not against throwing a parts store reman crank and bearing set in there and hitting the highway.
                Last edited by BlueCuda340; August 29, 2014, 06:00 AM.

Comment

I'm right there with you guys! Car is getting its cage this weekend!

Comment

Hey steep,
                    When are you leaving for Tulsa? A couple of us are going to leave Alden on Saturday the 6th around 6 in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by 72buickgs View Post
                      Hey steep,
                      When are you leaving for Tulsa? A couple of us are going to leave Alden on Saturday the 6th around 6 in the morning.
                      If you're heading through KC, we can join you along the way. I'm about an hour north of KC.
                      Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                      Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Originally posted by Firechickenman View Post
                        If you're heading through KC, we can join you along the way. I'm about an hour north of KC.
                        Plan on going right through KC on 35 then getting on 169 and take that the rest of the way.

Comment

well, looks like we will be testing in Tulsa,not first testing cause we tried that yesterday. but that didn't go good. blew a head gasket and pushed out a freeze plug then went straight for the wall. we fit new body panels on it and are waiting for the engine parts to show up tuesday.

Comment

Headbangers & weather...

Comment

Working...
                            X