DW14 auction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW14 auction!

Up for auction to the highest bidder! This is not a cash auction but a horsepower auction: The engine bay of my 1968 GTO and a co-pilot seat for the week! The winning bidder with a BBC that can be in and running by Sunday in Tulsa will get to ride along for the week! And at the end of the week running or not you can have your motor back!

This is obviously not serious and a lame attempt at humor after finding metal shards in my oil pan and filter this past weekend. After tearing down the motor to find the problem, and a lack of time to get in and out of the machine shop and mainly funds I regretfully turned in my registration, and cancelled hotel rooms. So some lucky person probably got the phone call or email and made their day. If anyone needs hotel rooms I canceled all of mine except the final weekend, Friday and Saturday night. Below is a list of hotels that now have an open spot if you are looking or know someone who is.

Holiday in Owassa
    Days Inn Topeka
    Super 8 Norman
    Americas Best Value Inn Great Bend.

Not good at all. (I got a stock block on a stand) Come on down and blow it up for me.
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Not good to hear! Time for a 496 and get ready for next year. Haha You hade me going with open engine bay up for auction.

Comment

This is the reason I will not change my oil till after DW.

Sorry about your engine. I hope you called or emailed HR that you are out. Hope you make it next year.
        Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Just to clarify yes I have notified HR about not making it. Hope to get signed up in the first 2 minutes next year! I don't think I would have made it with the theory of not changing oil till after DW, there was enough metal flakes and shards the oil pump was getting the gritty feeling when manually turning it not to mention all the other nice things it did to cylinders and cam. Good luck to everyone else! I will be spectating the last weekend. Chevy only a 496 is in the plans already!

Comment

Bummer!

I'm driving my car to a couple shows and will change the oil later this weekend, hopefully it looks ok....I'm going to be on the road to Tulsa in less than a week.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
            X