Less than 2 weeks left.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Less than 2 weeks left.

I got my trans blanket installed tonight. It was super easy less than 5 minutes with all the room the glide provides which is good cause it's got to come off every day for the drive. I also think I have as much junk loaded into plastic containers as I did last year. I said I'm not going to bring as much this year but I just think I need it all. Items I'm not carrying that I carried last year are an easy up tent and 3 nitrous bottles. With the cage it makes getting stuff out of back seat area a big pan in the ass. After my sfi approved balancer comes in and I get it on this project is done and ready to load.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Drove mine to work today for the first time! A lot of people admitted they thought I was BSing them. lol Dw and my car is pretty much all i talk about so I understand it sounds far fetch. but yeah did a couple holeshots drove with the fan off for about a 15min drive and the temp never went passed 180. so in traffic fan on = 180. and cruising fan off = 180. carb needs a little tune but were going to do that after we set up the shot this weekend. if tnt with the nitrous goes alright wel be ready to start packing!

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyeTroy View Post
      Drove mine to work today for the first time! A lot of people admitted they thought I was BSing them. lol Dw and my car is pretty much all i talk about so I understand it sounds far fetch. but yeah did a couple holeshots drove with the fan off for about a 15min drive and the temp never went passed 180. so in traffic fan on = 180. and cruising fan off = 180. carb needs a little tune but were going to do that after we set up the shot this weekend. if tnt with the nitrous goes alright wel be ready to start packing!
      Wish mine ran this cool but with the big ass intercooler blocking airflow and all the turbo stuff making tons of under hood heat I pretty much run my dual electric fans all the time to keep her under 200 except at night when it's cool and I cycle them on and off. I packed an extra fan motor just in case one of mine dies from all the hard running they will have to endure. Can't wait to see your car in person Troy and hope nitrous TNT goes well this weekend. Oh by the way were at the candlewood motel in Tulsa. Where are you and mark going to be staying?
      78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
        \. . . it's got to come off every day for the drive. .
        OH CRAP! I didn't know that . . . Trans blanket with a C6 in a Fox isn't that easy, IMO . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
          OH CRAP! I didn't know that . . . Trans blanket with a C6 in a Fox isn't that easy, IMO . . . .
          Your trans may run cooler than mine. There is no way I would be able to keep the glide cool with the converter I have with the blanket on. I ordered another cooler fan combo to put in line with my other cooler fan combo to help keep my trans even cooler.

Comment

Stopped driving mine and put it on the stands. Hope I don't find anything wrong. Plenty of time they say.
            Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

I'm going rafting and camping this weekend and won't be home till Monday so that leaves Tuesday-Friday to get my balancer and 2nd trans cooler mounted,plumbed and wired. Then test drive it and hope everything was a success.

Comment

Wish mine ran this cool but with the big ass intercooler blocking airflow and all the turbo stuff making tons of under hood heat I pretty much run my dual electric fans all the time to keep her under 200 except at night when it's cool and I cycle them on and off. I packed an extra fan motor just in case one of mine dies from all the hard running they will have to endure. Can't wait to see your car in person Troy and hope nitrous TNT goes well this weekend. Oh by the way were at the candlewood motel in Tulsa. Where are you and mark going to be staying?
                Were at some ghetto hotel down the road from the track, America's Best in think on garnett. will definitely get a hold of you when we get into town sat. I put over 100 miles on her today no issues! keep in mind mine looks like a sloppy pile compared to yours. lol have fun camping and good luck with the trans cooler and balancer.

Comment

Originally posted by 4eyeTroy View Post
                  Were at some ghetto hotel down the road from the track, America's Best in think on garnett. will definitely get a hold of you when we get into town sat. I put over 100 miles on her today no issues! keep in mind mine looks like a sloppy pile compared to yours. lol have fun camping and good luck with the trans cooler and balancer.
                  Don't matter how it looks man. You built it and drive it and should be a low 11 high 10 second street car. That's cool in my book. Just looked at extended forecast again and it's changed to smoking hot. Like high 90's smoking hot on registration day and opening day at Tulsa. So if every body see's a teal mustang with the hood off going down the road you will know why lol.

Comment

Don't matter how it looks man. You built it and drive it and should be a low 11 high 10 second street car. That's cool in my book. Just looked at extended forecast again and it's changed to smoking hot. Like high 90's smoking hot on registration day and opening day at Tulsa. So if every body see's a teal mustang with the hood off going down the road you will know why lol.
                    Cool! I agree, and like the way you think!! lol

Comment

Is it September yet?
                      Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Thanks man! my thoughts exactly i could have put a couple Gs into paint and body but i'll always rather use that money to go faster. nothing wrong with a badass show car though just not in my bank roll. lol I guess thats why Ratrod keeps coming to mind for the next build, you can have something to show without being sensitive to the car. 90s? wouldn't be DW without a couple scorchers.

Comment

Just got mine off the jackstands after 3 years.....have yet to start it...

Comment

the good news is that the t-bolt clamps and hairspray worked on the intake boots, and I think we got it to quit overheating. the bad news is that i'm pretty sure the pcv check valve didn't work and we shot the rear pan seal out. now we've redone the pan gasket 3 times in the car and i'm still not sure it's sealed. I don't think I have to worry about anything under the car getting rusty! so far we have gotten one 200ft WOT test and found it was super rich and I mistakenly put the 10psi spring in instead of the 5psi. missed TNT Friday. hoping for a couple test runs this Friday before we do this thing. hope you guys are having better luck than us!
                            1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by eligould View Post
                              the good news is that the t-bolt clamps and hairspray worked on the intake boots, and I think we got it to quit overheating. the bad news is that i'm pretty sure the pcv check valve didn't work and we shot the rear pan seal out. now we've redone the pan gasket 3 times in the car and i'm still not sure it's sealed. I don't think I have to worry about anything under the car getting rusty! so far we have gotten one 200ft WOT test and found it was super rich and I mistakenly put the 10psi spring in instead of the 5psi. missed TNT Friday. hoping for a couple test runs this Friday before we do this thing. hope you guys are having better luck than us!
                              Do you have to run a PCV system for your area? I've run just a valve cover lines to catch can breather setup on every boosted vehicle I own.

Comment

Working...
                              X