Saturday Shoot Out rules announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MoparBilly View Post
    - cars that competed in Naturally Aspirated classes during Drag Week may not add power adders for the Heads-up shootout. -

Yeah...right! I intend to have the Valiant in Modified NA, but if I stick around for Saturday, the blue bottle will be locked and loaded! Heads up means bring everything you've got right?
    Just don't let them see you purge at the line......................(you could always ask, "Now how did that get there?")
    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

Might raise some eyebrows when a N/A car picks up a second over it's fastest pass during the week!
      Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
      Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Run your purge lines near the rear tires and purge during the burnout.
        Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
        1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
        1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
        1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
        1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
        1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

- cars that competed in Naturally Aspirated classes during Drag Week may not add power adders for the Heads-up shootout. -

Yeah...right! I intend to have the Valiant in Modified NA, but if I stick around for Saturday, the blue bottle will be locked and loaded! Heads up means bring everything you've got right?

LOL...

I've got a extra single bar plate I can bring if you want to stack a couple up!!!

Comment

If mines still running I'm going to hit a few keys on the laptop and bump timing and boost up for last day. I'm gonna give it all it's got which might be an oil pan full of 4.8 parts.
            78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

From what I have seen in the past, the turbo guys may be at a disadvantage on a pro tree. This is going to be way fun to watch.
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Double bulbs for everyone!
                Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
                1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
                1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
                1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
                1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
                1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

...So, for the sake of argument, if all of last year's finishers entered this heads-up "Shootout", the first round of 80 plus pairs would be a snooze fest of matches in which one car was at least, and usually more than 3 seconds faster than their opponent...

That is the problem with a sportsman ladder in a heads up race. Lets say there is 128 cars. In the 1st round, #1 races #65, #2 races # 66, all the way down to #64 racing #128. In the 1st round, the slower half is chum for the faster half, and there are no upsets and no real races. Same thing for the second round and maybe the 3rd as well. What they should do is run a pro ladder, where #1 races #128, #2 races #127, etc. That way in the 1st round #64 races #65, #63 races # 66, and so on. Then there will be some real tight races and some upsets in the first round, from the guys in the middle of the pack. Yes, the slowest 30% or so will be chum for the sharks, but they will be either way. The sportsman ladder is more suitable for a bracket race. Heads up racing needs to be on a pro ladder to be any good. Are you listening Hot Rod?
                  Last edited by Hemi Joel; August 27, 2014, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
                    If mines still running I'm going to hit a few keys on the laptop and bump timing and boost up for last day. I'm gonna give it all it's got which might be an oil pan full of 4.8 parts.
                    now THAT'S the right attitude to have!!
                    Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                    Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                    Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                    Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post
                      That is the problem with a sportsman ladder in a heads up race. Lets say there is 128 cars. In the 1st round, #1 races #65, #2 races # 66, all the way down to #64 racing #128. In the 1st round, the slower half is chum for the faster half, and there are no upsets and no real races. Same thing for the second round and maybe the 3rd as well. What they should do is run a pro ladder, where #1 races #128, #2 races #127, etc. That way in the 1st round #64 races #65, #63 races # 66, and so on. Then there will be some real tight races and some upsets in the first round, from the guys in the middle of the pack. Yes, the slowest 30% or so will be chum for the sharks, but they will be either way. The sportsman ladder is more suitable for a bracket race. Heads up racing needs to be on a pro ladder to be any good. Are you listening Hot Rod?
                      I also favor a pro ladder

Comment

Personally this is waist of time for most of the drag week group. All the times have been posted all week we know what every ones running. This comes down to the who cuts the best light. Un Limited can sleep on the lights and still take the win.
                        Drag Week 2006 11.00 index DNF
                        Drag Week 2011 DD
                        Drag week 2012 Hot Rod Winner
                        Drag week 2013 Hot Rod Winner

Comment

Just thinking how many cars will come into Friday with their tongues hanging out. Then to try to win the class, the owner really puts the spurs to the car. So I guess that will be something to look at as well on Friday for some of the third place cars in Unlimited, Modified Pa, and Super Street classes. They may not be able to win there DW class but win the shoot out.
                          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi Joel View Post

I think HR is trying to avoid lining a 6 second car up with a 12 second car that does not have anywhere near the same level of safety equipment.. Sportsman ladder increases the odds that the level of safety equipment will be closer...

Comment

Hey Squirrel, Having set up many sportsman ladders over the years, It get's interesting in the later rounds, the way it folds in on itself. Couple of interesting things from last year's results: 16 finishers were slower than 14.00, 16 finishers were quicker than 9.00. So the meat of Drag Week is between 9.0-14.0, with a whopping 52 finishers recording a best pass between 11.00-11.99. So, for the sake of argument, if all of last year's finishers entered this heads-up "Shootout", the first round of 80 plus pairs would be a snooze fest of matches in which one car was at least, and usually more than 3 seconds faster than their opponent. The breaking point would be 11.533. So, my brother with his "Barnyard Viper Dodge truck, DD Winner Scott Abbott , and James Reeves in his Omni GLHS front scratcher would get to race the slow cars. The guys just under the cut line, Robert "Bob" Perrine in his 56, would get to race Tom Bailey, while DD Runner-up Mike "Swede" Sporrong and his Baja Chase truck would get Dave Ahokas, and Clark Lamb's Blue Barracuda would do battle with Todd and Travis in the Nitrous Camaro. Safe to say it'd be quite a few rounds before the elite 16 sub 9 second cars had to lean on anything. I honestly don't know if the field will be 250 cars or 25??
                              Todd and Travis would be lucky that I stick by the rules and don't turn on my nitrous and let that camaro have it. HA kidding this thing has a $250 set of pistons in it....no nitrous for me. If I sprayed a 300 hit on this turd I might make it down before Travis got his et slip.
                              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Working...
                              X