The ANTI-SPEEDY RULE FOR 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 38P View Post
    BTW, I'm beginning not to care whether or not I show up . . . .
    Wow really ,I think alot of others are feeling the same way maybe you need run your own race and see how many show up.

Comment

Originally posted by bbnova View Post
      maybe you need run your own race and see how many show up.
      Ha . . ha. . . ha.

I could call it the "Cricket Nationals" . . . Because other than myself and a few crickets, NOBODY WOULD SHOW UP!

On the other hand, I could make about 100 passes/day with my hated "storebought," "field-filler", "slow" car ... and drive about 80 through the pits . . . .

Last edited by 38P; August 28, 2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Most tracks have track rentals. Make sure you have a live feed.

Comment

Not sure how well it would show up on the internet . . . because crickets prefer night "racing" and TV's "STREET OUTLAWS" have rented all the portable light stand generators around here . . . .

Besides, last year's reported "Old Blue" drinking game during the DW '13 webcast gives me concern that all those "Cricket Nats" passes might result in alcohol poisoning . . . I wouldn't want that on my conscience.

(One wonders if G.T.O. was actually lucid and self-aware enough to realize that he was G.T.O.?)
          Last edited by 38P; August 28, 2014, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Most tracks are lit up pretty well.. The Cricket Nationals could be your debut event for the T Bird. I guess I could bring you some texas crickets they seem to like to make noise all the time.

Also why worry people like to drink alot. You could just keep saying to yourself just one more and the hospitals would make some money. Stimulate the economy, through alcohol sales and hospital visits.
            Last edited by JWS4621; August 28, 2014, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JWS4621 View Post
              The Cricket Nationals could be your debut event for the T Bird.I
              Actually, since I got Speedway 7 back from its lengthy imprisonment in "paint jail" (resulting in that horrible taxi-cab quality paint job (YES, SQUIRREL, MY FAULT!) ), it seems to attract some sort of light-loving flying bugs when under the shop lights. So I guess it's already a favorite among the insect set . . .

Comment

The first step is to admit it's your fault. The second step is to figure out that if it's your fault anyways, you might as well take control of the situation. I don't get my cars stuck in someone else's paint jail, only my own. When I'm motivated, I can get them done pretty quick, and they'll look just as good as at least 50% of the 10 year or older cabs out there.

I wonder if you'll ever figure out that how you react to events is also your fault?
                My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

My wife doesn't support me. I have a full-time job, Squirrel.

Accordingly, my experience is inherently different than yours. But I'm glad that my failures incite so many of your "helpful" comments, though.

Have a nice day! Happy motoring!

Comment

Oddly enough, I managed to paint more cars at home per year when I had a full time job. But we didn't have the internets back then, to distract us.
                    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                      We'll have to see what happens. I guess I could sand off $450 worth of art....
                      Cover it with blue painters' tape?
                      John
                      2007-2008-2009-2010-2011 Long Hauler
                      Detroit-Muskegon 2012
                      Couldn't make 2013

Comment

Originally posted by RockJustRock View Post
                        My vote would be to see a lot of masking tape covered decals and lettering in protest..
                        I ran masking tape over all all the non-sponsor windshield decals all week (except for the Wood Brothers 21) and the went with a full-blown masking tape package in the Shootout (when I knew there could be no repercussions)

HRM is, of course, completely oblivious to all of this "drama" and will do whatever they want to do next year.

Comment

Might have something to do with the fact DF kinda called the whole sticker thing off. The panic this week is what kind of trailer rule he is hatching on the masses.
                          My hobby is needing a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
                            I'm contemplating what a proper and appropriate response would be (instead of working on my car . . . . )
                            Take a bunch of tiny approved stickers and arrange them into letters that spell out the name of a rival brand name.

Comment

100 F.A.S.T. stickers spelling out DIYAutotune.........nobody will ever notice

Comment

Working...
                              X