DW 2014 Staging Lane Photo Credentials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW 2014 Staging Lane Photo Credentials

I am wanting to get down to the staging lanes and starting line and shoot some photos at Heartland Park on Tuesday. Can anybody point me in the direction of who to talk to? I have not done this before so it is all new to me.

Doesn't seem to be much crowd control for the staging lanes. They have the signing of the insurance paper and getting a wrist band at Tulsa on registration day, I don't know if they check them for folks standing around the starting line.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

At a few tracks in the couple of times I've gone I did see folks being shoo'd away that did not have a wrist band. Usually when too much crowd was bunching up around the staging lanes.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

But HRM and the tracks don't seem to allow non-HRM photogs next to the wall down the track (where the best drag racing photos are shot) . . . I could be wrong, but my observation is that HRM wants exclusives except on action photos shot from behind the starting line or from the stands. Staging lanes and pits are fair game.

Comment

You can still get pretty close and good pics, maybe not the best though..

Just don't try and stand in the same spot for the whole day.

I'm goin too, along with Friday/Saturday to Tulsa!!
          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Working...
          X