DW nitrous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW nitrous

Has Hot Rod announced if there will be nitrous available this year from NOS? Would be nice to know in advance so I can make plans as needed.
    Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Monte Smith has been there in past DW's doing free bottle fills. I haven't heard anything regarding this year, but Holley is a DW sponsor so I wouldn't expect anything different this year. I will probably see Monte this weekend and I will ask him.

Comment

Monte ran out of N20 once last year and had to keep some bottles (Read: mine) overnight, so I'd suggest that SERIOUS N20 racers pick up an extra bottle (if you don't already have one).

There can also be a bit of a backup at the mother bottle sometimes while they're chilling 'em for refill . . . With this year's larger field, the wait times could be longer. . . . Another good reason to pack a spare (and to ice down your own bottle before you take it for a refill).

Comment

Not "hot lapping" could help, too

;)
        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Not "hot lapping" could help, too

;)
          With the kit working on only the last two of ~ 70 passes (DW '12 and '13 combined), "hot lapping" was not a factor.

Typically, I worked through though the suggested nitrous "repair-of-the-day" until the last "all-cars" session, and then just ran the car until they closed the track. I nearly always missed all or most of the DD-only session because I was still working on the car.

Note that there were problems with the drive-by-wire triggering, the sealed nitrous solenoid in the ZEX "black box", a leaking fuel line tap, and the window switch, which caused the kit not to work. (These are facts, not "excuses." . . . My own fault I didn't test it sufficiently before either year).

Monty had to refill my bottle to replenish what had leaked out during the thrashes/tests/failures, not what had actually been used for any timed run.

I just hope I'm not putting that kit back on the car on Sunday, September 7 . . . .
          Last edited by 38P; August 21, 2014, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Or... since you have a truck... You could just do this and run all week!!!
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X