E85, anybody plan on running it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E85, anybody plan on running it ?

I originally built my motor for E85, but was going to use gasoline for drag week because of availability. Anybody else plan on using E?

I was going to use e85 but went meth injection instead cause was worried about availability.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
      I was going to use e85 but went meth injection instead cause was worried about availability.
      Ditto!

Comment

Put up a thread on this in May ... http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...bility-dw-2014. Current plans are to run E85. As mentioned in other post availability looks good with the exception of day 3 if we are routed west of Wichita. All stations in Great Bend that did carry E85 have closed and closest location is Hutchinson (60 mi) / Dodge City (80mi). Depending on the day 3 route I may be switching gas.

I put together a website to map E85 locations (incl race gas + nitrous refill locations). For sake of not getting stranded I have called and verified about 80% of the locations in proximity of the DW2014 route.

Map @ http://racefuelmap.com ... still a few bugs but feel free to contribute if anyone is aware of any stations not already listed.

--
        On a side note can anyone who has ran this event before comment on when they announce the routes (day 1 or day of drive?)

Comment

Lou You will not get/know the routes until you hand in your time slip for the day.

Comment

I submitted a station to the map in Colwich that sells E85. They also have 87 octane that's 100% gasoline and E15 & E30 if I remember right. Motor Sport Specialties in Hutchinson refills nitrous, but he has to chill your bottle...no pump.

Comment

Working...
            X