30 DAY WARNING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 DAY WARNING!

We are now 30 days from tech... preparations for Drag Week should be well underway, and nearing completion..

That is all.. (for now)

DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Man time is flying. Just got my alky control dual nozzle meth kit installed on the turbo 4.8 and headed out to test it next Friday to get this junk dialed in. It will be my first pass down the 1/4 in this car so hope it stays together.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

I've got nine straight days off of work coming up . . . If the DW plan doesn't come together in that string of 18-20 hour wrenching days . . . Well, we'll see. There's no way my car's going to be fully-sorted by 7 Sep. I just hope I'm not pushing it through tech . . . .

Comment

I think this sums up how most feel

Attached Files
        Last edited by RUST; August 7, 2014, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Tonight's special guest....Larry Larson...
          Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
            I've got nine straight days off of work coming up . . . If the DW plan doesn't come together in that string of 18-20 hour wrenching days . . . Well, we'll see. There's no way my car's going to be fully-sorted by 7 Sep. I just hope I'm not pushing it through tech . . . .

get er done!
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by 38P View Post
              I thought it was nearly done last September? Have you been to your shop since then?
              Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Been busy watching TV and reading automotive blogs, apparently. And paying off those pesky credit cards, possibly.
                My fabulous web page

Comment

Finished the short block tonight...practically ready to go!

Comment

Swapping back my 3.91 gears this weekend after my failed 4.56 experiment. I am also getting some new drag radials mounted up, fixing my windshield wiper linkage that came apart after it got wrapped up in a wire and stuck me on the side of the road last year, and investigating if I really want to build a hitch and use my little trailer. I will likely only get one of these done this weekend lol.
                    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
                    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

With some new sticky icky Mickey's and my newly found 615whp from Redline Motorsportsto, my CTS-V wagon is ready to rock and roll. All I need to do now is add some new "Old Guy" apparel. Now where did I put my black socks?

Comment

I bought a dozen pair of black socks yesterday....got you covered!
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by Orange65 View Post

I thought it was nearly done last September? Have you been to your shop since then?
                          It was at least 50 hours and ~$4,000 from being a running, 10.80-legal car last year when I ran out of time, parts, and money.

I took it completely apart to redo and re-engineer several things that were crap. (and spent a lot more than $4K in the process).

At least the car might look a bit better than last year (it's still not going to make anyone think it's anything but a junker with a medium-sized antique mill and a lot of sketchy speed parts)

And yes, there was big debt and tax paydown from 2013 . . . funding didn't get fully "turned back on" until June. (and that new funding is rapidly being depleted . . . This is just like a freakin defense contract . . . lots of cost overruns . . . .)

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                            I bought a dozen pair of black socks yesterday....got you covered!

Comment

I don't do shorts....so you probably won't even see my black socks.
                              My fabulous web page

Comment

Working...
                              X