• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley HP System With MSD

I have a quick question for guys running the Holley HP injection
    and MSD... I am installing the HP system right now and have the
    MSD 7AL ignition... I called the Holley tech line and asked about
    2 wires on the HP.. the yellow and the white in the loose bundle..
    he said DONT use the yellow.. ok there... now the white gets hooked
    up to the white on the MSD.. I will assume he means where a white
    wire is normally on the points screw... am I correct on this
    thank..... just trying to verify this if I heard him correctly(and I dont
    want to hang on hold for another hour like last time)

I run hp efi but on LS engine so not sure on the msd hookup. When u call holley tech just leave your phone number for a call back. They always call you back within an hour. I usually speak to Collin he seams pretty up on everything.
    78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

Thanks.. maybe I'll try that

Comment

Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
        I run hp efi but on LS engine so not sure on the msd hookup. When u call holley tech just leave your phone number for a call back. They always call you back within an hour. I usually speak to Collin he seams pretty up on everything.
        Maybe you can help with another question... are you using the Holley
        regulator for EFI.. if so .. I want to get a -8 fitting for the return so it
        hooks up to my return... what is the straight thread in the reg for the
        return... is that a -6 straight with a O-ring

Comment

It's called an Orb fitting

Comment

Comment

I use a boost reference aeromotive regulator and it's all pipe thread but my fuel rails are holley and they use o-ring boss so there regulator is probably ORB.
              78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

I use a boost reference aeromotive regulator and it's all pipe thread but my fuel rails are holley and they use o-ring boss so there regulator is probably ORB.
                Thanks guys... I guess I was calling it wrong but I still
                got what (I think is correct)... is ORB the same as straight -6
                EDIT
                I am thinking that a -8 on a straight fitting is 1/2" and -6 is
                3/8" in a straight fitting with O-ring
                Last edited by MR P-BODY; August 3, 2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                  Thanks guys... I guess I was calling it wrong but I still got what (I think is correct)... is ORB the same as straight -6 EDIT I am thinking that a -8 on a straight fitting is 1/2" and -6 is 3/8" in a straight fitting with O-ring
                  Correct. From my understanding each number in a AN fitting size is 1/16 of a inch so -8 would be 1/2 inch.

Comment

Correct. From my understanding each number in a AN fitting size is 1/16 of a inch so -8 would be 1/2 inch.
                    I know that holds true on the regular AN fittings but wasnt sure if
                    it held true when going with the O-ring straight fittings... I see them
                    in Summit as straight fittings OR -8 and wanted to make sure they
                    are the same(seems strange to have 2 names for the same fitting)

Comment

Working...
                    X