Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daily Driver folks.... what are you bringing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily Driver folks.... what are you bringing?

And what ET`s do you usually run? I`m in that class and mine...[when the driver does his job] ;) , runs low 11`s high 10s.

68 Barracuda on my 3rd drag week and 3rd year running dd. Car has been [email protected] in great air. I hope to average in the 11.30s this year in the heat but it hates the heat. I managed to nail down 4th place last year with a pretty solid red light lol.
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

83 Chevy short step pick-up. 12.35 @ 107 best time last year. Have new Ford 9" with 4:11s and locker. Hope to improve. Also my third time and have finished in the exact middle of the pack both years. Shooting for the 32 car shoot out, but will need to get a bar and bottle for that to happen.
      Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

This will be my first DW.
        I'm bringing a 69 GTO Judge clone.
        Turbo LS1 4l60e 9" with 3.50's
        Not sure what it runs in the 1/4 only done the 1/8
        I know I'll be running 11.50 during DW since I don't have a cage
        I'm really looking forward to DW!
        Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; July 24, 2014, 08:01 PM.
        Drag Week 2014 Daily Driver 11.65 avg (no cage)

Comment

i'm trying to get my 80' turbo trans am back together with a turbo on it this time. ran 12.8(nitrous didnt work), 11.8, 11.9, 11.8, 11.8 last year for a 35th? place last year i think. bout 12.0 average. no idea how it will run yet. barn built gt45 blow through on the pontiac 400 with a new converter and hoping to stay on drag radials. shooting for 11.50. (no chance in hell i'll have time left to put a rollbar in)
          1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Originally posted by eligould View Post
            i'm trying to get my 80' turbo trans am back together with a turbo on it this time. ran 12.8(nitrous didnt work), 11.8, 11.9, 11.8, 11.8 last year for a 35th? place last year i think. bout 12.0 average. no idea how it will run yet. barn built gt45 blow through on the pontiac 400 with a new converter and hoping to stay on drag radials. shooting for 11.50. (no chance in hell i'll have time left to put a rollbar in)
            Sounds like a very cool combination. You still have time to get the bars in....43 days left ;)

Comment

This thread brings up the big question, "what does everybody think it will take to make the DD Quick 32?" Or "How many people think a roll bar will be _necessary_ equipment to make the Q32?"

Comment

Thats a really good question. I personally think you better be in the mid to low 11s to make it. But... who knows.. What was the cutoff last year? 11.7x`s?

Comment

I didn't have a cage last year and was limited to 11.50. I averaged 11.67 and was in the top 20 cars in DD. It was a pain trying to keep the car running 11.50 as it's a 10.90 car. I made it to final 8 cars in the bracket race and red lighted. going to run srsbpa this year.
                  78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

(quote from moparbilly: Ross was 32 with an 11.90, Kirby was 33 with an 11.95) there was a cluster of cars between 11.8 and 12.1 last year. if my n20 would have worked day one i would have made it at number 32. i predict 11.5x to be the 32nd car this year, only due to safety equipment limitations. i wouldn't be suprised if 32 was quicker than that.
                    1980 Turbo T/A - Turbocharged 408ci Pontiac. survived DW 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Comment

Gould is correct. The competition around the 11.50 mark will be intense in 2014. And if self-reporting is accurate, it sounds like more cars than ever will be in a sub-11-second "cluster" (Thanks Rich Christensen for popularizing that term)

While this may not be the year for the first all-roll bar/cage 32-car field, the class is now "daily driver" in name only. It will be shocking if any more than one or two qualifiers are actually running true daily-driven vehicles. That's a little sad, IMHO.

Comment

There are quite a few guys who drive their cars with a roll bar, it's not a big deal.

Although I really doubt that the DW car is their only car....so yeah, it's not likely that there will be many "real" daily drivers in DD. I doubt there ever were, though.
                        My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Holding on to the rollbar makes my girlfriends boobs sway harder going through the twisty roads on the way to the grocery store. :d

Comment

My Caddy is a Daily Driver. That is of course when I am not driving my 544whp Subaru Forester.

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

I still think they NEED to break DD into a better than and lesser than
                              11.50 group... 16 of each for the final day and run it just like before..
                              if they dont do that.. MAYBE this year.. if not next year there wont be
                              a 11.50 car in the 32 field.... to the OP question... bring ANYTHING you
                              think you might need and of course any special tools for your ride.. alt,
                              starter any rockers or lifters that are special... if you run a chevy or a
                              ford you can get help on the road but if you run a mopar prepare to
                              carry anything you can think of.. help will be minimal

Comment

Working...
                              X