Drag Weekers on "Street Outlaws"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drag Weekers on "Street Outlaws"

I caught a little bit of the season premier of "Street Outlaws" in passing . . .

A blueish fox Mustang with a big cowl hood and a Drag Week 2013 windshield banner took part in one of the races for the Number 10 spot . . . Before DW '14 entrant Big Chief handed over Racemaster duties to Farm Truck and sawed-off about half the List with "The Crow" twin-turbo GTO.**

**(It's really a Le Mans rebodied as a GTO, but at least it's apparently based on a real car and isn't another wacky Pro Mod)

Sure, plenty of BSers say its all WWE fake, but does anyone have some inside scoop on the DWers in the new episode?

And even despite the annoying, overly-dramatic, time-expanding editing, Big Chief's Goat really looked strong . . . right up until that last pass . . . .

that same "GTO" with the "small block" 482 Pontiac engine?

Comment

I thought this was a forum on drag week not about soap operas

Comment

"Yeah . . . sure . . . it's a 'small block' . . . ."

Justin went with a machined, balanced engine combination that he assembled himself, which was a 482 c.i. IAII block, balanced rotating assembly with BP/ROSS custom turbo pistons, BP/ Edelbrock CNC ported heads, custom valvetrain, etc.
        http://www.butlerperformance.com/Fea...s/BigChief.htm

Comment

Originally posted by racefast View Post
          I thought this was a forum on drag week not about soap operas
          But they let the ROADKILLERS post on here . . . Just sayin' . . . .

(JUST KIDDING . . . not restarting the FEUD! . . . see photo)

----------
          Seriously, you do realize that the HRM narrative for DW '14 is going to have a heavy dose of "Street Outlaws" versus the World . . . and HRM is most likely secretly hoping that "The Crow" ends up eating some crow . . . .

Even if you don't like 'em, you've got to admit they've built some nice cars.
          Last edited by 38P; June 24, 2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

i also noticed Mr Lutz was there at the end.
            Charles

Comment

I believe he ran dw in 2012. He looked familiar to me and I caught part of the sticker in one of the garage scenes then fell asleep. I want to say it ran low-mid 11s NA in 2012. I don't remember seeing it in 2013 but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.
              1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
              1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Originally posted by 1badmonkey View Post
                I noticed he didn't win a drag week either

Comment

I noticed he hasn't won adrag week either

Comment

True but he has a brick that has gone 215+ in the 1/4 and helps out others at the drop of a hat. Nice guy to talk with too.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG View Post
                      True but he has a brick that has gone 215+ in the 1/4 and helps out others at the drop of a hat. Nice guy to talk with too.
                      True quite an accomplishment I just think that show gives a bad impression of drag racers

Comment

and yet there he was on the TV show we were discussing.
                        Charles

Comment

another thing I noticed on the show last night, that new shop was VERY stocked up on swag for visiting fans of the show
                          Charles

Comment

I watch the last 10 minutes.

Comment

another thing I noticed on the show last night, that new shop was VERY stocked up on swag for visiting fans of the show
                              Maybe so . . . But every time I've gone past their shop, it's been locked up like Fort Knox. And they don't seem to return inquiries on the contact form at their Midwest Street Cars website,

Unlike the "Duck Dynasty" family, those "Street Outlaws" don't seem to know too much about how to conduct business or monetize all of that free TV advertising they're getting, IMAO. Or maybe they only talk to "insiders" after midnight . . . .

Farm Truck and AZN do hawk their t-shirts at shows, though.

I'm surprised that no one has identified the DW guy with the Fox Mustang that was on the show.

Comment

Working...
                              X