No announcement yet.

Drag Week Pontiacs...Post 'em up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming back for 2nd year, adding a procharger, still going to drive it all the way from Canada, shorter this year only 1800miles to start. Waiting on brackets, need to do some testing and learning before.....hopefully!! Will be in BB SR PA this year.

Comment

Little late to the party on my post. 65 Lemans with 565 Pontiac motor and Roland Racing canted valve heads. Made over 800 on the pump with 93 octane. T400, 3.70 9", etc. Trying like hell to get rest of car up to snuff to match the motor. Wife's pissed, credit card going up and I'm stressed. Sounds about right I'd say. Ton of work to do still.

Comment

Bitchin' carr Hooter

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG View Post
          Bitchin' carr Hooter
          Thanks man.

Comment

Badass '65 Hooter! My favorite year of the Goat!
            '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
            2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

My turd. 1998 Trans Am. Ls1 powered heads/cam car with a 150 shot of laughing gas. Quick performance 9" with Detroit locker/3:90 gears. Other odds and ends...ran 11.7s in 2012. I hope to be in the high 10s this year..Daily Driver class.
              http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/l...0101507a-1.jpgI'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.

Comment

69 judge clone Turbo LS I'll be running the DD class 11.50 or slower because I don't have a cage Power windows, AC/Heat etc.
                Drag Week 2014 Daily Driver 11.65 avg (no cage)

Comment

Your Judge is sweet. What will it run all out? I'm in a similar boat. No cage, but have a roll bar. I'm only good to 10.0.

Comment

We should try and get an all Pontiac group picture this year. That would be awesome!
                    '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
                    2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

That would be awesome! I counted 10 Pontiacs on this thread. I know there's at least a 1/2 dozen more entered so I wouldn't be surprised to see at least 20 at registration. My wife keeps saying 2014 is the year for the Pontiacs in Drag Week! I'm stoked to be a part of it!
                      Last edited by Firechickenman; July 1, 2014, 11:32 AM.
                      Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
                      Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
                        Little late to the party on my post. 65 Lemans with 565 Pontiac motor and Roland Racing canted valve heads. Made over 800 on the pump with 93 octane. T400, 3.70 9", etc. Trying like hell to get rest of car up to snuff to match the motor. Wife's pissed, credit card going up and I'm stressed. Sounds about right I'd say. Ton of work to do still.
                        Hooter, who,s block did you make your 565 out of.? Bore and stroke? I stayed at 535 cause I was informed 4.75 stoke makes for damn close things in the basement. I really gave Roland a good look, How did you do for headers for those heads? Vince
                        First place SSBBNA 2014 and 2015
                        Second place SSBBNA 2016
                        Third place SSBBNA 2017
                        Quickest ET in DD and Quickest Pontiac 2008, 2016 and 2017
                        All 13 years of Drag Week in a Black 1969 Pontiac with Pontiac Power

Comment

Vince, it's a KRE block. 4.35 bore with a Ohio forged 4.75 crank. The crank throws needed cut down quite a bit to clear the pistons. I had the crank omicron polished and ion plasma nitrided at the advice of Shaft Tech(sp?) to help it live longer. Rods are Manley 6.7. A buddy of mine runs the cv heads on his nostalgia super stocker with good results. Jim Sammons has been great to work with. My headers suck. Heddman 2.00 primary with 3.5 collector. Time permitting, I'm building a custom set over the winter. My only real concern is piston side loading from the long stroke. Same 4.75 stroke as a 632 bbc, but our piston sleeves are a little shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Hooter View Post
                            Vince, it's a KRE block. 4.35 bore with a Ohio forged 4.75 crank. The crank throws needed cut down quite a bit to clear the pistons. I had the crank omicron polished and ion plasma nitrided at the advice of Shaft Tech(sp?) to help it live longer. Rods are Manley 6.7. A buddy of mine runs the cv heads on his nostalgia super stocker with good results. Jim Sammons has been great to work with. My headers suck. Heddman 2.00 primary with 3.5 collector. Time permitting, I'm building a custom set over the winter. My only real concern is piston side loading from the long stroke. Same 4.75 stroke as a 632 bbc, but our piston sleeves are a little shorter.
                            Thanks, Is'nt a 572 4.40 bore and 4.75 stroke. My aluminum kre block can only go 4.35 bore. Iron blocks can go 4.40. Of course if something goes bad you have no more room to fix. But what could go wrong with a drag car???!!!!
                            Second place SSBBNA 2016
                            Third place SSBBNA 2017

Comment

Aluminum block. Damn I'm jealous. I'd love to take that weight off the front of my car. I think you're correct on the 572. Hope I don't need to go to that bore size for a while yet. What are the specifics on the rest of your combo?

Comment

Coan 400 and converter, Gear Venders, Moser 12 bolt 3.90 spool, 28" MT slicks. I change tires for the road. Almost lost my Goat in a rain storm years back with a spool and MT drag radials. Went to a BOP intake and still run a Pro Systems SV-1.
                                Second place SSBBNA 2016
                                Third place SSBBNA 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X