Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbnova View Post
    is that not a race car
    Only probably the purest kind of race car you'll ever see!

Comment

Comment

(Is the "Great Race" really a race? Or is it a TSD rally? . . . a REALLY EXPENSIVE TSD Rally?)
        Last edited by 38P; June 23, 2014, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Targa Newfoundland? "Competitive sections are held on roads closed to the general public and comprise 20% of the total course."

Comment

this is the drag week forum, dude.
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I think you fell off the wagon Speedy
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick View Post
                I think you fell off the wagon Speedy
                Sometimes that happens . . . .

However, the idea that decals are only for "race cars" is obviously blurred by the numerous time-trial events that feature highway driving and no real side-by-side racing. In other words, events that are somewhat analogous to DW.

Are those stickered-up cars "race cars?" I don't know. Can they be bitchin? Absolutely! Should there be a "violation game" "rule" about who should be allowed to run racing-style livery? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Personally, I understand why Big Chief, Larson, Lutz, Bailey, Ahokas and others don't letter-up their cars. There's some tradition behind that And it's their personal choice. On the other hand, it would be a bland world if everyone did the same thing. So I like the diversity of the lettered and stickered-up cars.

Do whatever pleases you . . . and give your competitors a break if they have a different "vision" for how to "make the scene."

Comment

Sure...if the vision is really a vision, and not a hallucination
                  My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

sure am glad John Deere decals aren't stickers. (but I would take $$$$$ from them in a heart beat)
                    Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

received an email from Hot Rod saying it is not against the rules but it would be frowned upon if the decals were of competitors of the event sponsors as well as not having the cars and trailers showing up looking like a Pro Team.

Comment

Wow a response from hot rod email I am surprised I have sent several emails in the past with no response

Comment

Originally posted by Carl Stancell View Post
                          received an email from Hot Rod saying it is not against the rules but it would be frowned upon if the decals were of competitors of the event sponsors as well as not having the cars and trailers showing up looking like a Pro Team.
                          That sounds like the official ruling.. so yes you can BUT be selective
                          of what you want to put on the car... I myself will end up putting stickers
                          on the trailer but NOTHING goes on the car... if you want a sticker/decal
                          on my car... you better bring money

Comment

HRM's ruling . . . just like I wrote . . . the rule of common sense. Most cars will remain unlettered and unsponsored.

Comment

Working...
                            X