DD Bracket Race Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD Bracket Race Tree

Did I read somewhere that the tree for the DD bracket race will be a .500 Pro? I just downloaded the rules and they say a .500 full tree. What does that mean?

Yellow Yellow Yellow Green

Or in my case yellow yellow yell...............red

I would kill for a .500 pro in the DD brackets lol.
    1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 with a 360
    1997 Jeep Cherokee off road toy/driver. lifted, lockers, stroked 4.0

Comment

Ive always heard them refereed to as either a pro tree or sportsman. I have never saw a pro tree used for bracket racing and bet it would be hard for the faster guy to not redlight.

Comment

Originally posted by abritton77 View Post
        Ive always heard them refereed to as either a pro tree or sportsman. I have never saw a pro tree used for bracket racing and bet it would be hard for the faster guy to not redlight.
        back when I raced bikes, we used a pro tree.. it was TOUGH on a bike to cut a good light, not alone in a slower reacting car/truck!
        Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
        Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
        Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
        Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

We ran pro tree in the late 70's and 80's when I was et racing. (I think it was usually a 0.4)
          Drag Week 2012 (wet paint and no transmission but finished) Drag Week 2013 Daily Driver finished in middle of pack (again) Drag Week 2014 #56 of 126 Daily Drivers. (getting closer to the 32)

Comment

same here, there was a .400 pro tree at the old Tucson Dragway from the late 70s on
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

I just remembered that the VAMP races at KCIR we also a pro tree.
              Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
              Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
              Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
              Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCuda340 View Post
                Yellow Yellow Yellow Green

Or in my case yellow yellow yell...............red

I would kill for a .500 pro in the DD brackets lol.

We used one in 2007 at Cordova. I actually liked it . It leveled the playing field some when you were paired with a true bracket racer.

Comment

Some call the "Sportsman tree a Full tree" but its the same... I normally
                  race the .500 sportsman tree at bracket races.. I have raced the .400 and
                  .500 pro tree.. I can still red light on the .500 pro tree but I cant on the .400
                  pro tree(unless I just guess at it)... this is with my race car and it normally
                  has a 1.19-1.20 60'..... but to the OP question.. its been a .500 sportsman
                  (full) tree in the years past

Comment

Working...
                  X