No announcement yet.

Calling all stick shift drag weekers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buckett, very cool car! Any other pictures?
    '91 Trans Am GTA: 402ci LS2, faceplated T56, 9", and nitrous.
    2013 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/PA & 2014 Drag Week SURVIVOR! - SR/SB/NA

Comment

Comment

Comment

Turbo on a stick!

Comment

Looking to get some input on the McLeod rxt twin disc clutch. Looking at switching from a softlock to this set up. Any advice would be greatly apreciated.

Comment

seems like you'd be going backwards. Why ditch the softlok?

Comment

Just have a concern with the ram system and the adjusting of the shims to set the hat height. This system is new to me with only 20 miles or so of town driving it's been ok but I'm worried about if it will need reshiming during drag week wich requires the trans and bellhousing to be pulled.

Comment

I love my rxt setup in my C5 Corvette. I pulled it out last year after 4 beat to hell years of abuse and it looked good. I still sent it in for rebuild and flywheel surface, proactive maintenance. It held my twin turbo piwer just fine, to bad the ring and pinion couldnt.

Comment

I don't want to mess with clutch adjustments every time I arrived at the track, and each time I leave the track. A Soft lock, properly set up, would require that. I'm thinking about going with the hillbilly slipper. Has anyone tried that yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyG View Post
                      It held my twin turbo piwer just fine, to bad the ring and pinion couldnt.
                      This is why you want a softlok.

And in most cases, it is possible to street drive a softlok without having to readjust it every time from the race setting. Just takes a bit of training.... and restraint. As for changing shims during Dragweek, I'd suggest having enough static adjustment "reserve" built in to last the week.

Comment

Thank you guys for the advice sounds like a toss up on clutch up keep or chance of breaking other parts.

Comment

Working...
                        X