Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is your Drag Week Car looking today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good looking Camaro!

Comment

• Looking like a race car now.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by moter View Post
        Good looking Camaro!
        Thank you. Looking at every ones work being done is great motivation for working so many late nights.

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
          Looking like a race car now.
          Looks great! Straight out of the 60's! Is that a Schlitz catch can I see?
          Drag Week 2014 SR/BB/NA 11.12 @ 118.56 average
          Drag Week 2015 SR/BB/NA 10.84 @ 124.97 average

Comment

• Thanks! yes, 1960s steel Schlitz can, 16 oz so it's legal
            My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

• Originally posted by squirrel View Post
              Looking like a race car now.

Officially my favourite car in Drag Week 2014 now.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdvAutoBob View Post
                Saturday night at BMP testing...

4 words - Thank You Monte Smith
                So how'd it go? New nitrus system lloked good in the box.
                Drag Week 2006 & 2012 - Winner Street Race Big Block Naturally Aspirated - R/U 2007 Broke DW '05 and Drag Weekend '15 Coincidence?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolf View Post

Officially my favourite car in Drag Week 2014 now.
                  sweet ride!

Comment

• Originally posted by CDMBill View Post

So how'd it go? New nitrus system lloked good in the box.
                    Only got one hit on the hose, but ran about what I expected... pulls like an angry freight train in high gear!
                    DW2013 - DNF (Gateway - trans failure)
                    DW2014 - SR BB/PA class winner!
                    DW2015 - Finished in 1 piece (for once!)
                    DW2016 - Still "Fox Free" ;)

Comment

• Put 25 miles on the stang this evening and is running great after a swap to a NTK o2 sensor. The supplied Bosch o2 in the hp efi kit is a pile. Runs so much smoother down the road and coolant temps came down nearly 15 degrees as the Bosch sensor was not reading correctly and was screwing up the fuel tables causing a rich condition. Got my alky control kit half installed so I shouldn't have to worry with race gas during dragweek. Time is really starting to count down now.
                      78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

• Originally posted by BBO Javelin View Post
                        Put 25 miles on the stang this evening and is running great after a swap to a NTK o2 sensor. The supplied Bosch o2 in the hp efi kit is a pile. Runs so much smoother down the road and coolant temps came down nearly 15 degrees as the Bosch sensor was not reading correctly and was screwing up the fuel tables causing a rich condition. Got my alky control kit half installed so I shouldn't have to worry with race gas during dragweek. Time is really starting to count down now.
                        I'll have to remember about the O2... I'm just now finishing up the install
                        of the HP kit on my Rampage
                        EDIT
                        Are you running MSD with it... I called the tech line about which wire
                        I hook up the yellow and white.. the teh guy said DONT use the yellw
                        and hook up the white on the HP to the white on the MSD... I assume
                        he means to the points screw on the box where it normally would have
                        a white wire(according to the MSD photos)
                        Last edited by MR P-BODY; August 3, 2014, 06:22 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR P-BODY View Post
                          I'll have to remember about the O2... I'm just now finishing up the install of the HP kit on my Rampage EDIT Are you running MSD with it... I called the tech line about which wire I hook up the yellow and white.. the teh guy said DONT use the yellw and hook up the white on the HP to the white on the MSD... I assume he means to the points screw on the box where it normally would have a white wire(according to the MSD photos)
                          For sure go ahead and upgrade to the NTK sensor if your kit was supplied with the Bosch sensor especially if you run any race gas. I don't run an msd box on the 4.8 just stock coil packs so I'm no help there.
                          78 se trans am,67 rs ss camaro,69 BBO Javelin,55 chevy and a bunch of other junk that needs finished.

Comment

• Comment

• I put around 75 miles on 4.8 stang this weekend and got stuck in a 45 minute traffic jam and my temps only made it up to 205 so I think I'm good. I also rolled into local truck stop to weigh the car on the cat scales and it was lighter than I figured at 3,140 lbs without driver add 235 more for me.

Comment

• It is not done yet but put some miles on it had to take some pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X