No announcement yet.

DD top 32 Cutoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is we have a bunch of them, and if we paid full coverage on all of them (and it would be normal policies, not collector/limited mileage) the premiums would, after several years, buy a replacement car. I guess you could say we're self-insuring the replacement of them.
    My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Hopefully, next year DD will be split into two classes, rules for the first will remain the same and all will have fun. The 2nd class will be for all the people who feel the need to wine and complain, that they don't want to do what it takes to compete in the 32 car field. The 2nd class will run a few months earlier and will be called Power Tour.

I understand not everyone wants a cage in their car, so why can't you just go and have fun. If you really feel that your to competitive of a person to do so, I would think it's time to step up and build a car to prove it.

Jason
      Last edited by prostreet34; August 4, 2014, 05:32 PM.
      2011 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.89 avg.
      2012 Drag Week (unlimited) 5th place 10.55 avg.
      all time best 10.27 @ 127

Comment

Originally posted by prostreet34 View Post
        Hopefully, next year DD will be split into two classes, rules for the first will remain the same and all will have fun. The 2nd class will be for all the people who feel the need to wine and complain, that they don't want to do what it takes to compete in the 32 car field. The 2nd class will run a few months earlier and will be called Power Tour.

I understand not everyone wants a cage in their car, so why can't you just go and have fun. If you really feel that your to competitive of a person to do so, I would think it's time to step up and build a car to prove it.

Jason
        Jason
        That is the best post I have seen on here in a long time.
        Ross

Comment

Whatever the rules changes for next year, I hope that the class survives pretty much the way it is minus the name "Daily Driver". That seems to hang up a lot of people.
          Why think when you can be doing something fruitful?

Comment

Originally posted by prostreet34 View Post

Jason
            This is vastly unfair to the serious sportsman racers who run street/strip cars in the no-bar time brackets. There have been plenty of serious no-bar racers in the ten years of DW. To have a bracket race for them hardly means that they're all complainers or won't "step up" or should be relegated to Hot Rod's spring bag-chair/traffic jam Tour.

When I ran my hated "storebought" no-bar "field filler" car, I worked myself to exhaustion on DW trying to get as much out of a nearly showroom stock combination as I could. (The car mostly did its part but the squishy-bit behind the wheel and turning the wrenches let her down)

Now, I've spent thousands of dollars to "step up" (BTW the cost difference between an 11.49 car and hopefully a NHRA-legal car that has to slow down to 10.80 is quite substantial). But I don't think that the competitive DW experience should be limited to a few old men who have the spare coin or credit to build a 10.80 or quicker car just to compete.

The foregoing are just the opinions of one relatively clueless, uncompetitive old man and yours certainly may differ.

Comment

Somehow, the kids can build a car that's quick enough, without complaining. Strange.
              My fabulous web page

Comment

What kids? I'd say that 70-80% of the DD Quick 32 is older than I am. The number of "kids" I saw at DW was minuscule. Those who want a bracket race for no-bar vehicles aren't "complaining" any more than those who once wanted a class to showcase nostalgic (neo-vintage) and obviously obsolete 1960s technology. They're both legitimate niches in the sport.

Comment

Well...Jason, for example.
                  My fabulous web page

Comment

That's nice. Single anecdotes don't establish trends.

He's not even running in the DD class, either (look at his signature). Why don't we hear what those who would actually run in an 11.50 breakout bracket class would say about it?

Comment

Not a lot of "Kids" can take off a week and afford Drag Week. Even as a spectator, it's a little hard on the wallet.
                      Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

"kids" is a relative term.
                        My fabulous web page

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel View Post
                          "kids" is a relative term.
                          yes, anyone younger than me is a "kid" in my book.. 48 or younger..
                          Dan, Co-Pilot Drag Week 06
                          Drag Week '11 just Me and my Dad in my 53 Chevy, which was his Dads old truck
                          Drag Week '12 plus one day...Me and Dad in my 53 again....
                          Drag Week 2013 with my father in law.. New BEST ET/MPH 11.87@112

Comment

Originally posted by LAGNAF View Post
                            yes, anyone younger than me is a "kid" in my book.. 48 or younger..
                            Damn, I just missed the cutoff. Does it count if I stopped maturing at 15?
                            Flying south, with a flock of bird dogs.

Comment

Working...
                            X